Thread: Maker Select Plus 3D Printer mods

Post Thanks / Like

Default Maker Select Plus 3D Printer mods

I just picked up a Maker Select Plus 3D Printer. Iíve been reading about modifications for this printer and wondered if the Xmas lighting community had any mods they thought were necessary for better performance and/or usability. Iím super new to 3D printing and looking forward to learning more.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Maker Select Plus 3D Printer mods

See my previous post on the lokbuild bed surface item... I really like this, makes your projects stick without bed heat, tape, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

I suggest running the printer as is and learning both the printer and the hobby. Upgrade down the line as things come up that you need to do differently, otherwise it prints great stock.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Maker Select V2 and have not done any modifications other than moving the spool off of the top rail. I am happy with the performance so far for the simple things that I am printing.
    Kevin

2017 - Pi3 w/FPP controlling 8 ESPixelsticks driving 1250pixels and 3 Arduino MEGAS communicating with ESP-01s driving 96 channels
    2016 - 184 channels of Blinking/Flashing using 4 Arduino MEGAs and cheap home-made props.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kev View Post
    I have a Maker Select V2 and have not done any modifications other than moving the spool off of the top rail. I am happy with the performance so far for the simple things that I am printing.
    with the V2 you should add a mosfet for the bed, its a safety concern without it. The plus is 24v and does not have the same issue. If you need more info on it feel free to pm me