Thread: Printer Bed Surface -- LokBuild

Post Thanks / Like

Default Printer Bed Surface -- LokBuild

I don't usually comment on items I've purchased, but LokBuild that I bought ($15) from 3DUniverse was by far the best item I've bought for my printer.

I've printed over 10 consecutive prints, making my Snowflakes. PLA@215 and no bed heat. Used a single edge razor blade slid under a corner and it popped right off.

This new bed cover is AWESOME. No tape, no glass, no hair spray, no acetone w/ABS, and best of all NO heat.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Likes Whyintheworld liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Printer Bed Surface -- LokBuild

Did you get the 12” and cut it? I need something like this. Just ran out of aquanet. Lol
    [SIZE=3][B]8000 + E1.31 Channels (5x E68x controllers)
    128 Renard Channels[/SIZE][/B]
    sequencing with LightShow Pro 2.8 and/or Vixen 3 (using xLights scheduler)
    2 x Pixel Mega Trees, RGB Pixel Roofline, 2 x RGB Pixel Spinners, 11 x Pixel Bushes, 6 x GECE Icicle Arches, 16 x RGB Mini Trees, 2 x Vertical Pixel Poles,
    12 x 10w RGB Floods, 160 Strobes controlled by Arduino
    [URL="http://www.controlthelights.net"]http://www.controlthelights.net[/URL]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaywalk101 View Post
    Did you get the 12” and cut it? I need something like this. Just ran out of aquanet. Lol
    I have a 220mm bed, so I got the smaller one, I think it's 9"x9". I just had to trim about 1" off one side. I love this stuff. Makes printing and removing so much easier.
    Last edited by Akentut; 02-14-2018 at 11:01 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Just my $0.002 ...

LokBuild (and Buildtak.. imho its mostly same stuff) work great but they get scratched, dinged and wear out quick. Granted its better than the other 'old' methods of tape, glue.. etc but the cost starts to add up over time.

Thats why most high-end printers are now going PEI for the build surface. It last longer and (again, imho) works better than anything else I've tried. My current PEI sheet was installed over a year ago and it still works/looks like new. (i go through about a spool a month)

If you haven't tried PEI... maybe give it a shot when you replace the LokBuild.

Post Thanks / Like

Never tried pei, had buildtak type come stock on printers and im now to the point I rip them off before ever assembling the printer. I use glass or mirror tiles (6 pack of 12x12" for $10, who can pass that up) on most of my printers with a Mamorubot polypropylene build plate on one and absolutely love it. No hairspray, no glue, no cleaning, no alcohol and easy release once it cools below 35-40c.