Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HP DPS-800GB Power Supply Breakout Board

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: HP DPS-800GB Power Supply Breakout Board

Be careful.
    They are obviously clearing those units out at that price.
    Be sure you get enough for your needs because I suspect when they are gone, they won't restock.
    Great deal on them. They are taking a loss on those.
    Quote Originally Posted by tmcteer View Post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrTeaIoT View Post
    ------- I like to get one but afraid would not last long since pass their warranty time. How long can one of these last?
    Hi, Iíve used the same set of repurposed server supplies for 6 years now. They are a different brand but have given me no problems and have the advantage of load sharing. This means for example; my mega tree has 3 fitted supplies even though only 2 are needed if one ever fails I probably wonít notice until the end of the season.
    http://www.blutekpower.com/BPA-R350-...-%20120105.pdf

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukewarrior View Post
    Be careful.
    They are obviously clearing those units out at that price.
    Be sure you get enough for your needs because I suspect when they are gone, they won't restock.
    Great deal on them. They are taking a loss on those.
    Yeah they probably are with the builtin volt meter, I'll just move over to the others with the PCIe connectors and parallel the leads. Your boards are will be a reasonable alternative sourcing parts from china.

Post Thanks / Like

Good to hear that. I will get a few and using the breakout board so I can swap them if needed. Have you test the maximum output of the power and how many pixels can it power? Does these small unit can actually produce the max of 850 watts power as specs? Why this unit use 0.3A on standby without any usage?
    I didn't run mine at max last year. I had around just over 700 pixels running at 25 amps (varying brightness per pixel style) going to it. In my testing I never had the fun spin up so I wasn't pushing it too hard.

Post Thanks / Like

For 700 pixels around 0.3w each total 210watts / 12v you get 17.5Amp. How do you get 25Amps out of only 700 pixels? For 25A how many Amperes on your AC circuit breaker? How many amps does it draw on the 120v AC side? I already bought 1000 pixels and planning to buy 2000 more. This is the first year start doing the lights.

Post Thanks / Like

For 700 pixels around 0.3w each total 210watts / 12v you get 17.5Amp. How do you get 25Amps out of only 700 pixels? For 25A how many Amperes on your AC circuit breaker? How many amps does it draw on the 120v AC side? I already bought 1000 pixels and planning to buy 2000 more. This is the first year start doing the lights.
    I was using .06 amps per pixel as my guide for a pixel at full white 100%. Each color draws around .02 amps or .24 watts which gets you to .06 amps or .72 watts when each LED (RGB) is on full for white. I went back and checked my numbers closer and I actually had a little under 700 pixels. I didn't change my chart for pixel count from planned to actual, but my power calculation was correct for what I had at around 25 amps DC, roughly 300 watts. I don't run all of my pixels at 100% and I took that into consideration to get to my 25 amps.

Switching this from DC amps to AC amps puts this under 3 amps on my breaker for the house.

I hope this helps. If you haven't already this is a great page to read up on:
    https://www.doityourselfchristmas.co...age:_5V_vs_12V

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123