Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Converting to pixels. Can someone recommend a sACN controller?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Converting to pixels. Can someone recommend a sACN controller?

Well I pulled the trigger today and ordered the falcon f16v3, differential expansion board, and 4 4-string differential receivers. Looking at my options it was the most bang for my buck. My biggest worry with the f16v3 was the wires all across the yard, but with the 4-string boards, that will only be the cat5 to the prop areas. Spent a little more than I was going to for this year, but should cover my expansion of pixels next year and won't have to buy more controllers.

Post Thanks / Like

You will be very happy with that setup!!

Post Thanks / Like

I did a video about the F16V3 if you havenít seen it yet. Should familiarize you with everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcAXycWNSxM

Post Thanks / Like

Dave Pitts' support of the Falcon products is nothing short of phenomenal.

Post Thanks / Like

JeffL 98, Yes Sir you did and that was one of the great video's that helped me make the decision to go with the falcon controller set up. Thank you for your time making the videos you do. BTW keeping the Mrs. and your family in my prayers. Keep up the great work!!
    Last edited by arm166; 02-16-2018 at 09:26 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Converting to pixels. Can someone recommend a sACN controller?

Thanks for the prayers. She's getting stronger every day!

Quote Originally Posted by arm166 View Post
    Yes Sir you did and that was one of the great video's that helped me make the decision to go with the falcon controller set up.
    Dave ^^

LOL!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. Seems like the consensus is the Falcon line of controllers. After looking at the specs of the Falcon, I think that is the way to go. I am going to try out the Falcon F16v3. I estimate minimum 1000 pixels just to outline the house. This should handle this plus what ever I cobble together in the front yard.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I pulled the trigger today and ordered the falcon f16v3, differential expansion board, and 4 4-string differential receivers. Looking at my options it was the most bang for my buck. My biggest worry with the f16v3 was the wires all across the yard, but with the 4-string boards, that will only be the cat5 to the prop areas. Spent a little more than I was going to for this year, but should cover my expansion of pixels next year and won't have to buy more controllers.
    You will be happy about that choice. In my first setup I used SanDevices, but they have an issue with certain pixels production batches. Switched to Falcon and they don't care. They just make them work. SOOOO much easier to configure. Now I have 3 falcons with 2 extensions boards each and they just work. Setup is a little tricky at first, but when you got that figured out it is no problem work with. Plus they have good UI and respond well and have build in UI warnings if you are overlapping channels. This helps if you are juggling 7000+ channels.

Post Thanks / Like

I have 1 SD e682 and was going to purchase 2 more to run my 3500 pixels. After reading about the falcon controllers, I'm not sure what direction to go now. Any recommendations/ suggestions welcome. Bare in mind this is my first year doing this and I'm still learning. I plan on adding to my show each year, so next year I know I will have to purchase additional e682's if I go that route.
    The e682 is a solid controller but itís the same design from years ago. And the web interface can be finicky. The F16-V2 is similar but has many more options for setup and the web interface is more user friendly. The V3 is much more advanced. They will all do the same thing. My new controllers are falcons, but I still have 5 of Jimís controllers in my show that have ran solid for years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Family display since 1982
    Plywood cut outs and motorized
    Over 35,000 lights
    New for 2011
    48 channels of LOR (10% complete)
    Roller Coaster (planning stages)
    Patriotic Mega tree (40% complete)
    Multi-animation skating Snoopy (Planning complete)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123