Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Converting to pixels. Can someone recommend a sACN controller?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Converting to pixels. Can someone recommend a sACN controller?

I want to replace my Renard controllers with Streaming ACN pixel controllers. I'm replacing my lights with WS2811 RGB strips.
    Can someone recommend a controller?

I bought one from China (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/WiFi...798782138.html). Its easy to setup and run in Vixen but lags by 4 seconds so it will not work for me.

This is my first attempt at pixels.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Converting to pixels. Can someone recommend a sACN controller?

How much do you want to spend, and how many pixels are you putting out?

Post Thanks / Like

I like the Falcon line. I have three F16V2s and one F16V3 as well as a bunch of ESPixelSticks. Choice of controller should be driven by how your display is set up. Lots of smaller elements in remote locations? Wireless ESPs are a good fit. High density lighting? an F16 or F4 is a good fit. You should sit down and plan out how you might connect your strips and that will tell you what type of controller you should choose.

2018 - Moving and going to visit my Daughter in New Zealand. Most likely I will be dark or nearly dark, Some static stuff that is simple to put up.

Post Thanks / Like

Another option is a Bridge. The DIYLEDExpress E1.31 6-Port Bridge is what I use. Mainly because I am still using some Renard as I convert to Pixels. The bridge will let you have both at the same time. With the Pixel Extenders you can use your network cables to run Pixel controllers anywhere. In 2017 I used two full bridges and for 2018 I will add my third.

Post Thanks / Like

how much support do you need? can you handle a little diy or do you need someone to call on the phone who can help?

btw, it might be the device that lags, but people with wifi problems find it is more likely the player and the WAP that are "at fault". You need to be able pump out the data fast and your WAP needs to be aggressively sending it.

Post Thanks / Like

FYI: The Falcon controllers also output Renard/DMX data.

2018 - Moving and going to visit my Daughter in New Zealand. Most likely I will be dark or nearly dark, Some static stuff that is simple to put up.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the ease of use with the Alphapix line of controllers they have a 16 port and a 4 port controller you can get them in a ready to run package or you can purchase the board separate and add your own case and power supply and they both have ports for dmx controllers https://www.holidaycoro.com/
    James WinterHaven Fl

Post Thanks / Like

A very important distinction. Lets you avoid the cost of a bridge.
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinMueller2003 View Post
    FYI: The Falcon controllers also output Renard/DMX data.

Post Thanks / Like

Falcon user here. Will be using two F16V3s and possibly an F48 with the diff exp boards, if we do a large-scope matrix (we may have to back off of large matrix due to big $$ for ~9200 pixels, 12 additional PSUs, etc etc.... we have stuff at our house that needs fixed; has higher priority...). David Pitts provides EXCELLENT support of his stuff. There is also a very significant amount of "interoperability" between using Raspberry PI(s) to run your show, the F16s/F4s/Fxx's, and xlights (if you plan to use xlights...). You can set your configurations in xlights once then "push" those configurations over to the PI's and Fxx controllers. Xlights can also push to some other controllers; don't remember which ones offhand. Having the ability to push the configuration to hardware devices is worth its weight in gold in my opinion. Also, there is a really good comparison of numerous pixel controllers at the xlights.org site----https://xlights.org/resources/--about halfway down the page is a "controller comparison"--very nice comparison doc.

Post Thanks / Like

What about the E682 or E6804? I would still consider these good options. Plus if yoir handy with a soldering iron you can build them yourself and save money.
    [SIZE=3][B]8000 + E1.31 Channels (5x E68x controllers)
    128 Renard Channels[/SIZE][/B]
    sequencing with LightShow Pro 2.8 and/or Vixen 3 (using xLights scheduler)
    2 x Pixel Mega Trees, RGB Pixel Roofline, 2 x RGB Pixel Spinners, 11 x Pixel Bushes, 6 x GECE Icicle Arches, 16 x RGB Mini Trees, 2 x Vertical Pixel Poles,
    12 x 10w RGB Floods, 160 Strobes controlled by Arduino
    [URL="http://www.controlthelights.net"]http://www.controlthelights.net[/URL]

11. Likes ezellner liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast