Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any unique ideas to mount my P10 matrix screens?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Any unique ideas to mount my P10 matrix screens?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeKrebs View Post
    if your shutters are strong and securely fastened, use them. Run Z channel along top and bottom, slide the panels in.
    I don't think the shutters would hold the weight, i think this thing is like 50 or so pounds, I have to weigh it tonight on a scale.

I do have a contractor that will come by once it warms up in like April but wanted to see if i could do this without paying someone for idea and lifts to get up there.

I was debating doing guy ropes from the isec of the peaks so its hanging and then i can just secrie it to the interior window frame from moving so the weight is all on the rafters up top

2. Likes ScottsdaleRob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm actually debating installing an electric hoist inside the peak soffit of my house if i take off the soffit cover, install to the beams and then put the cover back on and make a small hole just for the lift cable to come through , something like this - https://www.northerntool.com/shop/to...0033_200660033

then i can hoist it up to the window and have it support the weight while i use a few fasteners to keep it in place

Post Thanks / Like

Somewhere I saw a pvc or emt conduit mounting system for a bunch of snowflakes. It got me thinking that if I were to use two pieces of emt spaced at the same width as the P10 matrix that I could use the emt to support the weight of the matrix. Then use the house/shutters/soffit to make sure those two pieces of EMT were immobile by securing them to the house.

In your case, you have an additional complication in that you have a small bit of roofing below the window to deal with. What if you made "feet" at the same angle as that short roof with rubber or some other anti-slip to attach to EMT. The weight of the matrix then sits on the roof via the EMT and all you have to do is secure the EMT around the Windows/shutters to make it immobile.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Whyintheworld View Post
    Somewhere I saw a pvc or emt conduit mounting system for a bunch of snowflakes. It got me thinking that if I were to use two pieces of emt spaced at the same width as the P10 matrix that I could use the emt to support the weight of the matrix. Then use the house/shutters/soffit to make sure those two pieces of EMT were immobile by securing them to the house.

In your case, you have an additional complication in that you have a small bit of roofing below the window to deal with. What if you made "feet" at the same angle as that short roof with rubber or some other anti-slip to attach to EMT. The weight of the matrix then sits on the roof via the EMT and all you have to do is secure the EMT around the Windows/shutters to make it immobile.
    the feet idea may work, was debating that too but was trying too. i need it to warm up so i can try some ideas, lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12