Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's New For Your 2018 Display?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What's New For Your 2018 Display?

"How did you attach the hula-hoop to the emt?"
    At first I was going to run 3 cables from the hoops to the posts, using a PVC ring cut from a 2" PVC pipe so that the center pole would simply slip through it.
    When we tried it, it worked, but....

What we finally ended up doing was allowed the trees to "float". They swayed in the wind, and in the course of the ~7 weeks we had quite a bit of wind. There wasn't one failure. None came off their posts. Only one light string went bad, and that would have done so with or without the "sway", by our estimation. The only caveat was to make sure there was enough power wire to allow for the tree to swing.

There are over 100 of them now, and they are packed in the back of our 52' convex.
    I'm not able to get to one to take a shot, but I will when we pull the show out at the end of October.
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Post Thanks / Like

Adding a pixel megatree..

And while not lights related.. finished my 'department store' window for doing Christmas village display. With my two kids I don't get the space in the front room anymore for the village so made a 'window' in the 3rd car garage. Will just get home, roll up garage, and turn on lights/train.

And it folds up for storage during year..

Post Thanks / Like

Many exciting changes to my display this year. Increased the density of the bulbs on the Mega tree by 25% so now have 800 CCB's on 16 strings. Added 4 - 10 foot RGB arches, 4 Boscoyo Studio RGB singing Bulbs and a homemade 5 concentric RGB star for the top of the Mega tree. Total bulb count at this writing is just over 30,000 on 3 RS486 and 1 Intranet network. Shooting to have 14 songs, about 1/3 of the way through, taking a break doing Halloween sequences for the next 2 weeks

Post Thanks / Like

Who knows the best website to buy ws2811 and ws2813 ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fabrizio_buon_natale View Post
    Who knows the best website to buy ws2811 and ws2813 ?
    I don't know the best place but I can point you in a direction...
    You are running out of time for this year so you might have to buy where you can...Holiday Coro looks like they have stuff in stock. Ray Wu, Scottled and Paul Zhang (etop-led.com) are known suppliers from China that probably could get you something yet this year. Some people have ordered from Amazon but I have not seen feedback on this site about those purchases. Amazon feedback will probably suffice in many cases. I remember people mentioning Rextin and Mokungit.
    If you are thinking about next year, plan to order in January from a pre-sale.
    But a big question for you is where are you located? Your member name sounds like you might be from Italy in which case China or whatever Amazon-ish site you have will be your only reasonable choice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MikeKrebs View Post
    You are running out of time for this year so you might have to buy where you can...Holiday Coro looks like they have stuff in stock. Ray Wu, Scottled and Paul Zhang (etop-led.com) are known suppliers from China that probably could get you something yet this year. Some people have ordered from Amazon but I have not seen feedback on this site about those purchases. Amazon feedback will probably suffice in many cases. I remember people mentioning Rextin and Mokungit.
    But a big question for you is where are you located? Your member name sounds like you might be from Italy in which case China or whatever Amazon-ish site you have will be your only reasonable choice.
    Thank you for the advise. I will look into those places. Aliexpress had good options just looks more expensive then amazon. Even the holiday Coro is bit more. However the end connectors are already equipped with holiday Coro so that might be the better buy. Less time soldering ;).

Post Thanks / Like

This weekend I got a few metal hooks installed on my house. Then I sat down and started making a list of all items that need to be done and its quite long. Hopefully the weather will cool off a little in the next few weeks so I can spend quite a bit of my free time outside working on things.
    2016 - 32 LOR Channels - Roughly 5,000 Lights - 2 Sequenced Songs
    2017 - 64 LOR Channels - 9,373 Lights - 4 Sequenced Songs
    2018 - 64 LOR Channels - New House - Total Redesign - 9,011 Lights - 5 Sequenced Songs (Interactive)
    2019 - 80 LOR Channels - Expecting 15,000+ Lights - 6-8 Sequences Songs (Interactive)

Ridgewood Lights - Facebook Page
    Ridgewood Lights - YouTube Video

Post Thanks / Like

Changing my old incan icicle lights to smart pixels along the roof line.
    Adding outline to my windows with pixels also. Also changing my house columns to pixels.
    Two new songs sequenced so far and updating the rest.
    Starting to push a bit cause my son decided that Nov.18 would be a good day to get married!
    See all our videos at:

http://www.hickoryhollow74.wix.com/hickory-hollow

Vixen 3.5

"Electrical Tape is my Friend"
    Falcon F16V3
    Renard SS24 (8)
    20 Universes
    25,000 + lights

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MikeKrebs View Post
    Got my Ray Wu order today, 300 WS2811 G40 pixels. Ordered them 2 weeks ago. Would absolutely say there's time to get them in time to put them up by Turkey Day.

Post Thanks / Like

I spent my weekend on a boom lift to get the decorations up on my house.

Front of House 1280x720.jpg

I will put out the ground level display starting 11/1, but I needed to get the house done when I had a free weekend!
    2012 - 1st year 64 Channels - 7500 LED lights - 5 sequences
    2013 - 128 Channels - 10,000 LED lights - 7 sequences (2 New)
    2014 - 201 Channels - upgrading 8 Arches to dumb RGB - 8+ sequences (1+ New)
    2015 - 240 Channels + 8 Universes - sequences TBD
    2016 - No Display
    2017 - Back in the Game - 240 Renard Channels + 12 Universes
    2018 - 256 Renard and 9 Falcon Outputs of Pixels - 16 sequences shown over 2 nights

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123