Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will these two Relays work the same way with Arduino?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Will these two Relays work the same way with Arduino?

Quote Originally Posted by Oldschoolgrimmy View Post
    Is there such a thing as an Arduino for dummies book? Any good recommendations on how a total noob with zero programming experience can get a little smarter on this stuff? Thanks for the response!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Welcome to the forum and fun world of Arduinos!

For the Arduino side of things, if you download their IDE, they have a bunch of example projects for blinking an LED on the board and stuff like that. I would start with some of those simple ones and make some minor changes and convince yourself you know what's going on. There are tons of people on here who can help too, so don't be afraid to ask.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    ~Jason
    [URL]http://www.tooz.us[/URL]

Post Thanks / Like

Yes there are many books on how to program an arduino. However, the learning curve can be pretty steep. You might want to look into using some premade controllers and spend the time learning other parts of this hobby first.

2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyX...ttrsZNARkUce0Q

Post Thanks / Like

You might be better off looking into Renard controllers. Much easier to learn and use. And a much larger user base here to help you. They are designed just for this hobby.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    2009 - 48 channel MegaTree 4800 lights
    plus 3200 lights static display.
    2010 - 6 Snowflakes on heavy equipment stored in front yard :-(
    2011 - 72 channel Megatree 7520 lights,
    120 channel total about 10k lights total

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skunberg View Post
    You might be better off looking into Renard controllers. Much easier to learn and use. And a much larger user base here to help you. They are designed just for this hobby.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Iíve looked into that option a bit, but Iím still a little confused. The info on their website is confusing. Do you have to buy a kit and put it together for Renard, or do they come complete?

Post Thanks / Like

You can by used assembled gear here in the forum. I saw a couple of SS24s go the other week. You can ask in the buy/sell forum to see if anyone has anything they want to sell. Many people are adding pixels and reducing the number of AC/DC channels in use so some gear may be available. Talk to Wayne J here on this forum to see if he has anything available. Most new gear is in kit form (a bit of DIY) but the instructions are spot on and the gear is easy to assemble.

If you are talking about the renard-plus store, that is different than the stock Renard line. They have productized some controllers and some gear is assembled while other gear is a kit. Have you read the wiki on this site? There is a pretty good description of most of the more common gear people are using.

2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyX...ttrsZNARkUce0Q

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MartinMueller2003 View Post
    You can by used assembled gear here in the forum. I saw a couple of SS24s go the other week. You can ask in the buy/sell forum to see if anyone has anything they want to sell. Many people are adding pixels and reducing the number of AC/DC channels in use so some gear may be available. Talk to Wayne J here on this forum to see if he has anything available. Most new gear is in kit form (a bit of DIY) but the instructions are spot on and the gear is easy to assemble.

If you are talking about the renard-plus store, that is different than the stock Renard line. They have productized some controllers and some gear is assembled while other gear is a kit. Have you read the wiki on this site? There is a pretty good description of most of the more common gear people are using.
    Thanks very much! You guys are the best!

Post Thanks / Like

The code I saw in that post looked like beginner code (lets make something blink). Read it line by line and pretty soon you will understand it. When you have a chance, read this, watch his videos, start hooking things up and you will be blinking in no time!

http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=135501.0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12