Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Vixen, servos light etc

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Vixen, servos light etc

Lower left is a box called "configure" and it has "Dimming Curve" in it. This is actually a drop down box. The other option in he drop down is the "Color Handling" filter. Select an element, set the configure bx to color handling, click the wheel to the ight of he box. This brings up the color handling dialog. The bottom selection in thedialog (can be any color) is for pixels and assigns three channels to an element. The top selection is for "Single color" on a channel. This is the one you want for servos and single color strings. Select it and set the color to a "pure" color. I use white since it is easy to work with.

When seqencing, the intensity of the color sets the value being sent to the channel. off == 0 full on == 255

2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyX...ttrsZNARkUce0Q

Post Thanks / Like

Cheers I’ll give that a go no now

Post Thanks / Like

Ok I now have this

image.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Looks good. I would not use generic serial output. It has been depricated.

Next you need to create a preview.

I suggest taking a picure of the area you will have the pumpkins in and setting it up as a background. Then add / draw lights that represent the servos and other elements. Then map your elements to those you drew.

Try to creae a preview and then let us know what issues you are having.

2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show.

Post Thanks / Like

Bingo all done have my oddly drawn pumpkins backlights etc all I and linked

Post Thanks / Like

Now for the time consuming part. Start a new sequence, associate the music and add marks for the beginning of each word. Then you need to decide whether you want to use the lip sync functionality or just plop down colors to make the servos move.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok that’s the part that’s the nightmare is there no import or detect feature to help?

Post Thanks / Like

Import what? Detect what?

Vixen does not know what is in your minds eye. It facilitates your ability to map what you envision to your elements.

Yes sequencing is time consuming Yes it can get boring. Yes it gives a sense of pride whe you are done.

Post Thanks / Like

I was just wondering if there was a way to convert the vocal side of things in an external program then reimport it into vixen as an output field

Post Thanks / Like

Some people use papgagoyo (not the correct spelling) to do the lip sync stuff. It is still a manual process. There is no Freeware program that I know of that listens to the sound track and generates a lip-sync pattern. There are a couple of programs that attempt to identify beats and word start but I have not found them to be verry accurate. Your ears, a good set of headphones and setting playback speed to 25%, is how I do it. You listen for the start of the word, add a mark, move on to the next word. Lyrics are available for most songs online.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast