Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Snowflake with ws2811

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Snowflake with ws2811

Quote Originally Posted by Akentut View Post
    Check out this fir a topper. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:816216

I made two of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Did you already make a model in xlights? If so would you be willing to attach the xmodel to thingiverse or share it here?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Whyintheworld View Post
    Did you already make a model in xlights? If so would you be willing to attach the xmodel to thingiverse or share it here?
    Here ya go. MegaStar.xModel in a zip file. It has 5 layers of 50,40,30,20,5 with 145 leds using ws2812b strips.
    Attached Files Attached Files

3. Thanks Whyintheworld thanked for this post
    Likes Whyintheworld liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Here ya go. MegaStar.xModel in a zip file. It has 5 layers of 50,40,30,20,5 with 145 leds using ws2812b strips.
    Thanks! I'm curious if you ended up using "natural" color filament or white or something else?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Whyintheworld View Post
    Thanks! I'm curious if you ended up using "natural" color filament or white or something else?
    I used White PLA. Most of the parts click together fairly easy. I place a small dab of super-glue to the tabs to make them more permanent.

6. Likes Whyintheworld liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Im printing the 100mm version now. Just so i understand. If I print 10 of these will it be 18 or 25 inches? Also. Have you got a video of your snowflakes animated yet? Im thinking a lot of cool effects can be done with this thing.
    [SIZE=3][B]8000 + E1.31 Channels (5x E68x controllers)
    128 Renard Channels[/SIZE][/B]
    sequencing with LightShow Pro 2.8 and/or Vixen 3 (using xLights scheduler)
    2 x Pixel Mega Trees, RGB Pixel Roofline, 2 x RGB Pixel Spinners, 11 x Pixel Bushes, 6 x GECE Icicle Arches, 16 x RGB Mini Trees, 2 x Vertical Pixel Poles,
    12 x 10w RGB Floods, 160 Strobes controlled by Arduino
    [URL="http://www.controlthelights.net"]http://www.controlthelights.net[/URL]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaywalk101 View Post
    Im printing the 100mm version now. Just so i understand. If I print 10 of these will it be 18 or 25 inches? Also. Have you got a video of your snowflakes animated yet? Im thinking a lot of cool effects can be done with this thing.
    I made this and want to thank the original designer because it's really nice and it was a good project for me to do.

I printed 15 pieces of the 100mm part (white PLA) and it's approx. 21" tip to tip when assembled. I used square 12mm node's because I had a strand of those sitting around but you can use the normal bullet nodes as well. I did use a very tiny amount (about 2 drops) of superglue on each joint and no problem with holding. I'm using this in part to help decide what sequencer I want to use (Vixen 3 or Xlights) so I'm not quite there with doing the different patterns I want to make but here is a short video of it with blue background and flashing white spots. It is using the test mode in Xlights where you can set a background color and then have different patterns applied. As I make more progress on the sequencing i'll see if I can post more video examples.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ahvb1snto4...ake_1.MOV?dl=0
    Last edited by harpster; 02-24-2018 at 03:16 PM.

9. Likes Akentut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done Harpster! I have played around with a few different setups. Currently I have a model now with each branch, and rings. Glad you guys are having a go at my design. I have also built a large 4' 5 point star with end connectors.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaywalk101 View Post
    Yes 10 will make it appprox. 15" and with 15 approx. 22". I'll make a video later and post my xModel.

Post Thanks / Like

Well done Harpster! I have played around with a few different setups. Currently I have a model now with each branch, and rings. Glad you guys are having a go at my design. I have also built a large 4' 5 point star with end connectors.
    Cool! Keep up the good work and I'll see if I can keep up with you haha!

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a quick video of the xModel in xLights.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast