Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Snowflake with ws2811

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Snowflake with ws2811

If you are using xLights, I have built the custom layout in excel, and put into xLights. Looks pretty good.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Akentut View Post
    If you are using xLights, I have built the custom layout in excel, and put into xLights. Looks pretty good.
    Very cool, thanks.... I'm now printing the smaller 100mm pieces, taking about 1:43 each and I have 8 printed so far. Should have this first snowflake completed by Sat. and I have hardware & pixels needed. But, I just downloaded Xlights for first time and getting ready to dive into that... I'm kind of using this project as a way to learn how to use Lights starting with these effects like stars and snowflakes so a really good project for me (I hope).

I'm not exactly what to do with this Excel file but I see it is laid out like the part... is this something I load or import into Xlights or just used as a reference to know each node location? I'll take any hints you can give me, I'm very anxious to learn this!

Post Thanks / Like

In Xlights, you open up the Layout. Select the Icon "Create New Custom", then draw it on your Preview pane. Then click on the right column in Model Data "--Click to Edit--" then the "...". This will open the custom model option, then make the width and height 29, and copy the excel file section and paste it into the similar spreadsheet layout.

Post Thanks / Like

Why would you share it as a spreadsheet. If you share it as an xmodel you can include submodels as well and it is trivial to import it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I used excel to lay it out, and it was just a cut and paste to put it in xLights, but I'll put the xModel up here also as a zip, since xmodels is an invalid file format for attachments. Thanks for the heads up.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by keithsw1111 View Post
    Why would you share it as a spreadsheet. If you share it as an xmodel you can include submodels as well and it is trivial to import it.
    Sounds like xmodel is good for transferring the final data but for me personally I'd like to understand the whole process as if I was making my own effect from scratch so I'm glad the spreadsheet was provided.

Post Thanks / Like

if you want to learn to make custom models, watch one of the videos at the xlights. This is one of them
    http://videos.xlights.org/mobile/xli...833683645.html

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MikeKrebs View Post
    if you want to learn to make custom models, watch one of the videos at the xlights. This is one of them
    http://videos.xlights.org/mobile/xli...833683645.html
    Hey, I'm still watching the 3 hour intro video

Thanks's I will check that out... a lot to learn!

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm. Ive got a roll of transparent PLA lying around and Im in need of a new tree topper this year. May give this a try. Thanks for sharing!
    [SIZE=3][B]8000 + E1.31 Channels (5x E68x controllers)
    128 Renard Channels[/SIZE][/B]
    sequencing with LightShow Pro 2.8 and/or Vixen 3 (using xLights scheduler)
    2 x Pixel Mega Trees, RGB Pixel Roofline, 2 x RGB Pixel Spinners, 11 x Pixel Bushes, 6 x GECE Icicle Arches, 16 x RGB Mini Trees, 2 x Vertical Pixel Poles,
    12 x 10w RGB Floods, 160 Strobes controlled by Arduino
    [URL="http://www.controlthelights.net"]http://www.controlthelights.net[/URL]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaywalk101 View Post
    Hmmm. Ive got a roll of transparent PLA lying around and Im in need of a new tree topper this year. May give this a try. Thanks for sharing!
    Check out this fir a topper. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:816216

I made two of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast