Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Animation faces?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Animation faces?

Hey All....

I've used the animation face feature for several years to animate my PMT with a talking face.....to make announcements.

I was toying with adding several small PMTs and animating them to be singing faces.....as I was thinking through it I came up with a question.

In the "Animation Tab" when it asks you for "number of faces".... I've always entered 1...and it, of course, goes onto my PMT matrix/pixelplane.....

If I entered more than 1 face....lets say 2..... Would both those faces end up on the PMT matrix/pixelplane or could I, assuming I have 2 matrices/pixel planes, place 1 of the 2 faces on 2 different matrices/pixel planes?

Or.....do I just need to create another animation effect and apply it to the second matrix/pixelplane?

Hope that question makes sense...kinda hard to ask that so that it's not confusing....probably due to my lack of knowledge of how the animations tab works once you get beyond 1 face....
    Last edited by Santacarl; 01-20-2018 at 11:44 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Animation faces?

Create a new sequence from an image to test with .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angus40 View Post
    Create a new sequence from an image to test with .
    Yeah....I know....was just hoping someone would have done it and could give me an idea of how to get started down the right road before I spend hours on top of hours trying to do something that isn't remotely possible....which I have a tendency to do....unless I know the theory so I can at least START in the right direction...

As you know Rich, I'm somewhat "Intuitively challenged".....

Post Thanks / Like

Well I am hoping you test it and report back . The one thing in HLS the I have not played with much is face animations .
    I did one song a couple of years ago and recall it work perfectly , but I still have not built face props.
    Hopefully this year I can get to it .

Cheers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angus40 View Post
    Well I am hoping you test it and report back . The one thing in HLS the I have not played with much is face animations .
    I did one song a couple of years ago and recall it work perfectly , but I still have not built face props.
    Hopefully this year I can get to it .

Cheers
    Rich....I will be happy to report back....lessons learned etc.....

One reason I was hoping for some experienced feedback is because when I first implemented my animation PMT it took me several days to master the process for the 1 face.......And you're right it works perfectly. I just figured that multiple faces would have another learning curve I'd have to discover through trial and error (which is my Achilles heel due to my frustration going through the roof when I can't get something to work...) But there's no doubt in my mind that HLS gives the best facial representation out there....It's a HUGE hit in my show....(Thanks Joe! ) My talking PMT makes all my announcements and tells jokes..... the kids LOVE it...

Post Thanks / Like

Curious to know...what is a PMT? I couldn't figure it out based on your context, and sat here for a minute thinking of acronym descriptions.

Pixel Matrix Tree?
    Pixel Mounting Tool?
    Possibly Missing Teeth? lol just fumbling about at this point

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scoobysnacks View Post
    Curious to know...what is a PMT? I couldn't figure it out based on your context, and sat here for a minute thinking of acronym descriptions.

Pixel Matrix Tree?
    Pixel Mounting Tool?
    Your 3rd acronym best describes the guys after I caught destroying my neighbors yard display last year .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scoobysnacks View Post

Pixel Matrix Tree?
    Pixel Mounting Tool?
    Pixel Matrix Tree....sorry to confuse....sometimes when I type my fingers get ahead of my brain....

Post Thanks / Like

Seeing as his is my first year and I need to do this is there a YouTube video on how this is done? With just the one face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flashination View Post
    Seeing as his is my first year and I need to do this is there a YouTube video on how this is done? With just the one face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Welcome to the CLAP !

Joe Hinkle tutorials
    Last edited by angus40; 01-22-2018 at 06:35 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast