Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: DIYledEXPRESS Official 2018 Pre-Sale

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: DIYledEXPRESS Official 2018 Pre-Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Smerk View Post
    This is a great diagram, but one minor detail that is not really shown is that the data direction is from right to left.
    As was pointed out, Data does not care which direction, but the diagram actually flow from Left to Right, the Female plug (Left) is on the output side of the string and the male plug (Right) is on the input side of the next string. (Under normal wiring conventions)
    Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ruppro View Post
    As was pointed out, Data does not care which direction, but the diagram actually flow from Left to Right, the Female plug (Left) is on the output side of the string and the male plug (Right) is on the input side of the next string. (Under normal wiring conventions)
    Maybe my question comes down to - what pigtail (male or female) is on the input side of the pixel string? it would have to be MALE for this to work right, if i am understanding it correctly. Then i would need FEMALE pigtails off the controller.
    Last edited by ben&bobbi; 01-24-2018 at 02:06 PM. Reason: reworded question - twice!
    http://www.vixenlights.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Vixen3-Logo-435x165White-300x107.png

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ben&bobbi View Post
    this was going to be my next question. I should be able to connect a MALE pigtail from my controller into the FEMALE end of the straight run (top left). Then, I connect the straight run MALE end (top right) into the FEMALE end (ASSUMING this is light input connector) of the light string. Then i could connect the leg MALE (bottom center) into the exit of the light string to inject power - correct?
    Yes you could do this or just run the +V of the pigtail to a power distribution board instead of the controller's +V in the enclosure.
    Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DIYledEXPRESS View Post
    Yes the pigtail is wired on both ends of the pixel strand along with a female lead with 18" of wire.
    the pixel strings are 3 not 4 wire right? Assuming yes, but want to make sure.
    Last edited by ben&bobbi; 01-24-2018 at 02:10 PM.
    http://www.vixenlights.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Vixen3-Logo-435x165White-300x107.png

Post Thanks / Like

Sent an email last week, but seems like there's a better chance of getting a response here. I need two cableguard boxes, one to fit two 5v 300w power supplies and one for just one 5v 300w PS. Which boxes will work? No dims or details on anything in the store.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Executive8468 View Post
    Sent an email last week, but seems like there's a better chance of getting a response here. I need two cableguard boxes, one to fit two 5v 300w power supplies and one for just one 5v 300w PS. Which boxes will work? No dims or details on anything in the store.
    The dims for all the popular CG boxes are in the wiki here: http://www.doityourselfchristmas.com...tle=Enclosures
    You're going to want the CG-1500 for both applications.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Executive8468 View Post
    Jon is correct again. The 1500 would be ideal for both. If you have any additional questions please email us at service@diyledexpress.com

Post Thanks / Like

When do you charge the credit card for pre-sale orders?

Post Thanks / Like

Unless something changed this year, the card gets charged when you check out. That's how most presales work.

Post Thanks / Like

That's what I figured - just wanted to double check. Sadly, it makes a difference on how much I can spend...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast