View Poll Results: Which Layout?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Layout 1

    2 15.38%
  • Layout 2

    6 46.15%
  • Layout 4

    5 38.46%
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Layout Poll

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    43
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Layout Poll

    So I'm trying to finalize my layout for next year. Changing everything to pixels and that means I will only re-use my ribbon tree, pixel tree, starburst poles and floods. Everything else will have to be new for this year. (The AC props are moving to my neighbors)

    I think I'm down to three layouts as I've tossed out most of the others. (so layout 3 isn't in the poll)

    In layout 4 the floating models are those that I was choosing from for where I eventually stuck the bells on each side of the window and the big wreath on the garage. So if you aren't a fan of the bells, what would you put there? In that layout, above that window, I am thinking of the Living Light Shows 46" snowflake, but the model isn't in xLights yet so it just shows the 3 prong flake instead.

    In all of these models, I'm likely to make one of the bigger windows a matrix, unless I go with a P10 panel. If I end up deciding on P10 then it will wait until next year and I'll run with no matrix for this season.

    I haven't spent any amount of time on making sure everything is exactly aligned, correct number of pixels, scaled, etc. I'll do that after I pick the layout and get the wife's approval...

    Everything is movable with the exception of the ribbon tree, it uses my flagpole which is cemented in. If you want so see why I put my models where I did, here is a video of last years layout with the house behind it. I just realized I never snapped a photos with all the models lit for 2017... Ugh! https://youtu.be/BLsNdE2k9gg
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    964
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Layout Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by Whyintheworld View Post
    ...I am thinking of the Living Light Shows 46" snowflake, but the model isn't in xLights yet so it just shows the 3 prong flake instead.
    Its not a built in model but its been exported as a .xmodel file and shared several times. I know it was on the FB group and possible the common xlights google share drive. You just gotta hang out in the right coffee shops.
    Thanks,
    Gil Jones
    xLights Developer
    CopperCreekLights on Facebook

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    43
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Layout Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrock View Post
    Its not a built in model but its been exported as a .xmodel file and shared several times. I know it was on the FB group and possible the common xlights google share drive. You just gotta hang out in the right coffee shops.
    Yep, I found it just not before I had made these layout photos. On the other hand if any vendor questions the cost of having their items as import in xLights, they need to look no further than the lazy hobby guys like me. I'm guilty of leaving behind some of the DIY nowadays to using the forums to do it for me... I shop multiple vendors but since Boscoyo had all of these models already set for import... Well it only makes sense that I'd buy the actual piece from the same place that I can import the model from...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    964
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Layout Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by Whyintheworld View Post
    Yep, I found it just not before I had made these layout photos. On the other hand if any vendor questions the cost of having their items as import in xLights, they need to look no further than the lazy hobby guys like me. I'm guilty of leaving behind some of the DIY nowadays to using the forums to do it for me... I shop multiple vendors but since Boscoyo had all of these models already set for import... Well it only makes sense that I'd buy the actual piece from the same place that I can import the model from...
    If you're talking about the snowflakes the one from Living Light Shows is Matt Johnson's and he also has a equivalent version of it that is sold from Boscoyo and I believe he gets a cut of that also but not sure. I have the Living Light Shows version because it was the only version at the time but I really do like having the plastic version. Its a different look because the pixels lay flat.
    Thanks,
    Gil Jones
    xLights Developer
    CopperCreekLights on Facebook

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    43
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Layout Poll

    Actually, I mean places like HC since they offer many similar products. Everything else the same if two vendors sell the same product but only one is in xLights to download...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    964
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Layout Poll

    Quote Originally Posted by Whyintheworld View Post
    Actually, I mean places like HC since they offer many similar products. Everything else the same if two vendors sell the same product but only one is in xLights to download...
    HolidayCoro is welcome to have their product models included in the program. They just need to coordinate with Sean because there is a yearly subscription fee that goes into the donations bucket.
    Thanks,
    Gil Jones
    xLights Developer
    CopperCreekLights on Facebook

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •