Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Coro singing tree, bulbs and pumpkin.. i am a newbie as well...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Coro singing tree, bulbs and pumpkin.. i am a newbie as well...

Not to derail the topic of discussion, but- I'm curious to know if you are located in the southwest region? That style of house with the tile roofing and xeriscape front yard is very prominent here.

Quote Originally Posted by mister softee View Post
    you make me want to do a snowman now for the 4th singing figure.
    just wanted to post up a quock pic of the items in front of the.house, its not a big yard but, i think it will look pretty good when i sm done.Attachment 39162

Post Thanks / Like

yes scooby, i am located on the west side of phoenix,
    out by the 101. why do ask?

Post Thanks / Like

what display is yours? i might have seen it, i visited about 40 houses this year on the west side of I-17.
    And i am sure once i finish bulbing my characters and get controllers mounted up. i might need alittle advice in the software area. since i will be using an alphapix16 for the matrix and 2 lor ctb 16pc boxes for the characters.

Post Thanks / Like

Attachment 39169
    this was the picture, i am using to trace and project.
    Yes that is the same original that I used.
    Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Just wanted to post pics of the finished characters before i populate with lights, to get peoples opinon on here, that have been doing this longer then me. At this point i have about $140 into all of it( wood, screws, coroplast, paint, cheap soldering iron, projector($20 found at goodwill)). Other then that i probably have about 24hrs total in it all for build time. But I can definitely say not many people will have this bunch of characters.

Now i have to order my M5 bulbs from Holiday lights express and populate. That might take some time!!!!

I also wanted to Thank Ruppro, for the picture you sent me, as you can see it worked out great!
    Last edited by mister softee; 01-22-2018 at 05:42 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

8. Likes Frank2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just wanted to post pics of the finished characters before i populate with lights, to get peoples opinon on here, that have been doing this longer then me. At this point i have about $140 into all of it( wood, screws, coroplast, paint, cheap soldering iron, projector($20 found at goodwill)). Other then that i probably have about 24hrs total in it all for build time. But I can definitely say not many people will have this bunch of characters.

Now i have to order my M5 bulbs from Holiday lights express and populate. That might take some time!!!!

I also wanted to Thank Ruppro, for the picture you sent me, as you can see it worked out great!
    They look great, mine were a big hit this year. I know it looks like a lot of work to put the lights in but really I was able to populate my snowman in about an hour, same for my Singing Tree. Start w/ mouth and eyes first. Looks like you went w/ a pretty tight spacing, 1/2" maybe less? I did that w/ my Bethlehem Star, which looks good on it, but it taught me, so I went 1" spacing on mine. My Singing Bulbs I purchased from Boscoyo Studios and James has them space at 1.5". So try yours maybe just the Head and Face and light him up and see what he will look like, you may want to go every other hole.
    Matt

Post Thanks / Like

yes i made the light spacing about every 1/2, i wanted tight spacing so it. all looks as a single line. i seen most companies made them about an inch space, i figured i would go tighter and see how it will look as well, like you said i can always just do every other one.
    once i get the lights and put them in i will post up again, so until then i will try and play around with vixen and xlights and some sequences to try and learn the program.

Post Thanks / Like

Looking good! I hadn't thought of using a soldering iron to punch the holes. I've got some Boscoyo stars that were very inexpensive and well manufactured. But, you stuck with whatever design is available. Good luck. My thumb is still hurting!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast