Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to keep pipe thread from rusting

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: How to keep pipe thread from rusting

Quote Originally Posted by jnealand View Post
    I have sprayed mine with Rustoleum and before I assemble it I put some vaseline on the threads of both pieces. Works great for me. I have a JUMP pole I built many years ago and I cannot get that unscrewed from the base even after soaking it in wd40 for days (both inside and outside and banging on a pipe wrench with a sledge hammer so you will do well to take it apart every year. I never took the bottom pipe from my base until I wanted to uprade that pole to an ASAP last year. I learned my lesson the hard way. LOL Fortunately the JUMP still works fine.
    Use a torch to heat it up and a lubricant , it will come apart real quick !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jnealand View Post
    I have sprayed mine with Rustoleum and before I assemble it I put some vaseline on the threads of both pieces. Works great for me. I have a JUMP pole I built many years ago and I cannot get that unscrewed from the base even after soaking it in wd40 for days (both inside and outside and banging on a pipe wrench with a sledge hammer so you will do well to take it apart every year. I never took the bottom pipe from my base until I wanted to uprade that pole to an ASAP last year. I learned my lesson the hard way. LOL Fortunately the JUMP still works fine.
    I use Kroil to loosen up stuck parts. I have used it on threads that are rusted for many years and the stuff never fails to free up even the most frozen parts within a few hours! WD is kids stuff in comparison to Kroil

Although it never hurts to have a torch handy and some 2 foot pipe wrenches for those extra tough jobs.

3. Likes angus40 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For the OP's original question > premium thread protection before during and after !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12