Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RAYWU has 2811 Pixels on sale for $6 per 50 nodes.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: RAYWU has 2811 Pixels on sale for $6 per 50 nodes.

How about the details on that deal for the pixels !
    Quote Originally Posted by akareaper View Post
    I wouldn't pay that. I had 60 strands shipped for 145 bucks from a different vendor. That shipping quote includes extra profit mark up, it really does. Cripes, I paid $595 for 3k 12v, 4" 20awg delivered. Well, if that's what you want. Another point, I run 800 pixels off ONE port, so connect them all, use one port, power inject, save the other ports for other props. That's what I would do. If not, you will probably be OK running it the way you mentioned, with a few extra power injection points possibly, but a waste in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't pay that. I had 60 strands shipped for 145 bucks from a different vendor. That shipping quote includes extra profit mark up, it really does. Cripes, I paid $595 for 3k 12v, 4" 20awg delivered. Well, if that's what you want. Another point, I run 800 pixels off ONE port, so connect them all, use one port, power inject, save the other ports for other props. That's what I would do. If not, you will probably be OK running it the way you mentioned, with a few extra power injection points possibly, but a waste in my opinion.
    I think he meant that was $268 with pixels and shipping included, not just a shipping quote which would equate to 8.38/strand shipped. Not a bad deal at all.
    Phil

Post Thanks / Like

Duplicate post.
    Last edited by DrNeutron; 01-11-2018 at 11:20 AM.
    Phil

Post Thanks / Like

I tried Ray, I tried Paul, and neither worked out for me. I use Scottled now. scottled.en.alibaba.com is the site. I use Yvette Yu, you can find her on facebook as well. I know of 5 guys who have all ordered within this past week. I used her last year, using her again this year. ZERO issues with my gear. Last guy saved almost 200 from Ray's best quote on 3,500 pixels with customization.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep even looking at their listed prices (they have stuff identical to my custom orderes from Paul this year) but would have saved $.10 per c7/c9 and about $.11 for my 2811's. So ya ,will talk to her!
    Happy to Show support;
    Xlights/Nutcracker and The Falcon Team [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like

I tried Ray, I tried Paul, and neither worked out for me. I use Scottled now. scottled.en.alibaba.com is the site. I use Yvette Yu, you can find her on facebook as well. I know of 5 guys who have all ordered within this past week. I used her last year, using her again this year. ZERO issues with my gear. Last guy saved almost 200 from Ray's best quote on 3,500 pixels with customization.
    Can you get me a direct connection to her? Would be nice to deal with the same person if possible, this way you would earn possibly more discounts by the referral.?

I just clicked around until it gave me her, will save it

TTory
    Last edited by Livermore-Dad; 01-11-2018 at 02:13 PM.
    Happy to Show support;
    Xlights/Nutcracker and The Falcon Team [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheLost View Post
    Keep in mind.. at 5v (and 22awg wire) you'll have to power inject every 50 pixels.
    i ran an 18 x 60 using 5v ray pixel on my tree this year. added pwr at the bottom of each string and turned by brightness down to 50 and no issues with flickering. i will suggest that if you are going with 5v and will need to pwr inject, to have a psu at the prop to save on wiring runs. i ran my tree off 2 ports. 9 strings on each port. the 1st string fed pwr and data from the controller. strings 2/3, 4/5, 6/7, ad 8/9 each were assigned a connection on the 8 port distro board that fed a pwr injection T. it was a last minute add (dec23rd), glad i did it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rdj6107 View Post
    i ran an 18 x 60 using 5v ray pixel on my tree this year. added pwr at the bottom of each string and turned by brightness down to 50 and no issues with flickering. i will suggest that if you are going with 5v and will need to pwr inject, to have a psu at the prop to save on wiring runs. i ran my tree off 2 ports. 9 strings on each port. the 1st string fed pwr and data from the controller. strings 2/3, 4/5, 6/7, ad 8/9 each were assigned a connection on the 8 port distro board that fed a pwr injection T. it was a last minute add (dec23rd), glad i did it.
    I've run my 'el-cheap-o' 5v 16 x 50 10' (160 degree) tree almost the same way for 2 years. PSU at the base. 2 strings (100 lights) connected to 8 ports on a E682. I power inject on every 'even' string (at the top of my tree with a distro board).

IMHO.. sometimes cheap has its place

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Livermore-Dad View Post
    Can you get me a direct connection to her? Would be nice to deal with the same person if possible, this way you would earn possibly more discounts by the referral.?

I just clicked around until it gave me her, will save it

TTory
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php...7618&ref=br_rs

Post Thanks / Like

Works for me, as my mega tree is only 50 pixels. But I need to extend my Holly tree which grew 2 feet last year so I was a bit short this year. It was 25 pixels tall, so by next year it will be 50.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast