Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GECE 50 pixel strands for sale (used)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Price Reduced: GECE 50 pixel strands for sale (used)

I am doing something new with my display this year and won't be able to use my GE Color Effects pixels.

I have 64 strands of 50 pixels each. They have been run ~4hrs/night for ~4wks/year for 5 years. They are run at 50% intensity. I have logged and tracked failures, and it's pretty consistent at between 0.25%-0.50% per year. I replaced failed pixels by splicing in replacements, hand-soldered and double heat shrink sealed. The OEM controllers have been cut off to allow use of a single controller, and Meanwell power supplies. The current configuration utilizes (green) Cat5 cable with an RJ45 (Ethernet) connector for power and data; it can be cut off and replaced to fit your needs. The controller and Meanwell supplies are not for sale.

I'd like to see these go to a good home where they can continue to be enjoyed. I have broken up the entire lot and am letting them go for $10/strand with a minimum of 2 strands per transaction.

Edit: GECE pixels are 5v (OEM power supply provided 5.6v to be exact) and spaced at 10" pixel-to-pixel (reliably - I didn't have to measure & mark mounting locations on my tree, I just stretched the wire and everything lined up very nicely). They also use true #18 AWG wire; many other pixels claim #18 AWG, but are actually closer to #20 or less. They can be driven by SanDevices E68xx, Falcon, and Pixel Stick controllers (and maybe others as well).

See pictures for bulb size/shape and splicing method used.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ags0000; 09-21-2018 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Added details based on questions

2. Likes iflights, JerryPlak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: GECE 50 pixel strands for sale (used)

The pricing above was based on my understanding that these are now only available in 36 pixels/strand configuration, and approaching $2/pixel (at full retail). The offer above works out to less than $0.25/pixel - but they are not brand new.

Feel free to PM with an offer if you are interested. I won't be using them this year and they don't do anyone any good sitting in a box...

Post Thanks / Like

what is the spacing on these, and are you willing to break them up into smaller lots?

Post Thanks / Like

The spacing is 10" between pixels.
    I am letting them go in partial lots.

Post Thanks / Like

Still have about half of these GECE (original style) G35 50-count pixel strands looking for a home where they can be put to good use...

Post Thanks / Like

There are still strands of (original style) 50-count GE ColorEffects lights available. See first post for details.

Post Thanks / Like

Price reduced to $10/strand of 50 GECE G35 smart pixels. See first post for details.

Post Thanks / Like

Still some of these strands available...

Post Thanks / Like

How many strands are left and a picture of a strand available?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Price Reduced: GECE 50 pixel strands for sale (used)

How much would 4 strands to 71104 be?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast