Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 36 of 36

Thread: DIY singing faces

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Ludlow Ma
    Posts
    294
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: DIY singing faces

    Quote Originally Posted by MartinMueller2003 View Post
    You need to inject every 50 pixels.
    I inject at 100, the injection covers 50 one way had 50 the other


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Family display since 1982
    Plywood cut outs and motorized
    Over 35,000 lights
    New for 2011
    48 channels of LOR (10% complete)
    Roller Coaster (planning stages)
    Patriotic Mega tree (40% complete)
    Multi-animation skating Snoopy (Planning complete)

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Buchanan, GA
    Posts
    288
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: DIY singing faces

    do you guys just cut the lights wherever you need them at or just get the smallest sets you can? I really want to build at least one of these trees this year. I think I will do green for the outline, red for the mouth thinking about just have the smile and the 0 for the mouth then white for the eyes
    Thanks
    FB @ langleylights

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Lizella, GA
    Posts
    1,207
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: DIY singing faces

    You cannot just cut wherever you want, incans or LED minilight have very defined places that you can cut the strings with out adding resistors or other components to compensate for the missing lights. Not to say you can't cut or add 1 or 2 if needed, but if you can't find smaller sets you just have to "hide" the excess lights on the back side, or use black out caps, or some other way to cover them up. I just have the back side of my frame covered with black plastic sheeting.
    Matt

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Buchanan, GA
    Posts
    288
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: DIY singing faces

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruppro View Post
    You cannot just cut wherever you want, incans or LED minilight have very defined places that you can cut the strings with out adding resistors or other components to compensate for the missing lights. Not to say you can't cut or add 1 or 2 if needed, but if you can't find smaller sets you just have to "hide" the excess lights on the back side, or use black out caps, or some other way to cover them up. I just have the back side of my frame covered with black plastic sheeting.
    Oh alright, yeah I have used black out caps on one of my other signs last year. I am about to start looking for small sets im guessing like 35 maybe would do the eyes and mouth i know it depends on size mine is going to be kinda small i guess 2 foot tall about 18 inches wide.
    FB @ langleylights

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Lizella, GA
    Posts
    1,207
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: DIY singing faces

    Quote Originally Posted by Pcguy17 View Post
    Oh alright, yeah I have used black out caps on one of my other signs last year. I am about to start looking for small sets im guessing like 35 maybe would do the eyes and mouth i know it depends on size mine is going to be kinda small i guess 2 foot tall about 18 inches wide.
    You might look for some in the 10 to 15 range, my singing bulbs eyes and mouth lines were that small, even my big 6' tall snowman topped out at 20 for the longest mouth line. You may want to get some brown craft paper and draw it out full size and test the light spacing, mine are 1-1/4" apart, to see how many you will need

    Sent from my ASUS_A009 using Tapatalk
    Matt

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Buchanan, GA
    Posts
    288
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: DIY singing faces

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruppro View Post
    You might look for some in the 10 to 15 range, my singing bulbs eyes and mouth lines were that small, even my big 6' tall snowman topped out at 20 for the longest mouth line. You may want to get some brown craft paper and draw it out full size and test the light spacing, mine are 1-1/4" apart, to see how many you will need

    Sent from my ASUS_A009 using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the input wow. yeah i kinda figured it wouldn't take many. I didn't have a set of lights inside lastnight to figure out how many i would need. Ive got my tree cut out on my vinyl cutter. Going to use that as a templete
    FB @ langleylights

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •