Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My Falcon F16V3 + Expansion card + four x F8 Distro board enclosure builds

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: My Falcon F16V3 + Expansion card + four x F8 Distro board enclosure builds

Quote Originally Posted by ben&bobbi View Post
    Looks great as always Louie. How are you mounting these?
    I actually didn't mount them to anything. The one sat in the front yard with one of my other controllers and then the second sat on top of a Rubbermaid RoughNeck tote box behind some bushes...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: My Falcon F16V3 + Expansion card + four x F8 Distro board enclosure builds

Nutz4lights, it looks like your only using two power supplies for your new build? How many pixels are you running off this box? I'm trying to figure out if I need two or four power supplies.

Thanks, Dale P.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaleP View Post
    Nutz4lights, it looks like your only using two power supplies for your new build? How many pixels are you running off this box? I'm trying to figure out if I need two or four power supplies.

Thanks, Dale P.
    I am a 5 volt pixel guy and for the most part, I run 100 pixels per output from all my controllers. What that means is that, for a F16V3 + Expansion controller build, I need 32 cables coming out with data + power and then I need another 32 cables coming out of the case for power injection. I typically connect data + power to pixel #1 and then power injection only at pixel #100. Because I am a 5V guy that is only pushing 3200 pixels out of one of these, that also means that I only need two x 350W power supplies. Obviously four power supplies fit (from Clyde's video) but it becomes a bit tighter in the case.

My testing shows that, per 1000 pixels (5V), fully illuminated pure white, I am drawing 340 watts from the wall at 100%, delivering somewhere around 245 watts to the pixels. I run at 50% on all my controllers and the same numbers become 165 watts per 1000 pixels fully illuminated pure white, delivering 120 watts to the pixels. That suggests that, for 3200 pixels, I could theoretically go down to a single power supply, but I wouldn't be able to go pure white. Although 99.5% of my sequencing is color-based, I don't see the need to risk it...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123