Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spiral mini-trees, strips or nodes

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Spiral mini-trees, strips or nodes

Quote Originally Posted by beeiilll View Post
    Depending on how tightly you want the wrap to be on the tree, I wonder how something like 3/4" Pex tubing would work with bullets to help protect them from the elements? I would imagine that you would want to make sure that all the bullets face the same direction as you pulled them through the Pex too.
    You won’t get bullets through 3/4”. And you won’t get too far with 1”

But why would you need to protect bullets? Strips yes, billets no

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bwinter View Post

I've got bullets in 1" pex on all my arches. Longest one is 30ft+. Its called a fish tape But yes I agree, no need to protect bullets

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm, lots of good thoughts and ideas. Thanks for the video too, those are some awesome effects.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bwinter View Post

Ya, I was just throwing that out there.
    I went and checked and 3/4" is too tight but I can get bullets through 1" without too much trouble.
    Part of my thinking was to make it easier to route the tubing and fix it to tree frames. Easier to attach the tubing rather than the actual bullets. Although, that tradeoff in ease is offset by any repair work that might have to be done.

I was also thinking that it might be quicker to replace a section of tubing with lights in them on a frame rather than having to replace a string of bullets but replacing a single bullet or two is not that big of a deal.
    Just throwing out ideas.

Post Thanks / Like

Those of you that used bullet or square pixels, how many pixels per mini-tree and how tall was that tree?

The spiral trees that I bought have 70 mini-lights on the 3 ft tall ones and 100 mini-lights on the 4 ft tall one. I'm wondering how many pixels I'll need?

Tks!
    Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beeiilll View Post
    Ya, I was just throwing that out there.
    I went and checked and 3/4" is too tight but I can get bullets through 1" without too much trouble.
    Part of my thinking was to make it easier to route the tubing and fix it to tree frames. Easier to attach the tubing rather than the actual bullets. Although, that tradeoff in ease is offset by any repair work that might have to be done.

I was also thinking that it might be quicker to replace a section of tubing with lights in them on a frame rather than having to replace a string of bullets but replacing a single bullet or two is not that big of a deal.
    Just throwing out ideas.
    I can also get bullets through 1". However, I couldn't get a strand through a length long enough for an arch, without having to pull WAY too hard. This may be dependent on exactly which vendor's bullet you use.

Post Thanks / Like

14' tall tree.16 legs 100 pixels per leg, 2" between pixels. Using boscoyo strips to hold bullet pixels.

2018 - Moving and going to visit my Daughter in New Zealand. Most likely I will be dark or nearly dark, Some static stuff that is simple to put up.

Post Thanks / Like

i don't recall my exact lengths, I think it worked out to get 100 on two trees and use one channel from my 682. I have connectors between them, and inject power on the other end. mine are 5v. I have several more to make for this year.
    http://www.vixenlights.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Vixen3-Logo-435x165White-300x107.png

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12