Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DIGWDF SSRez/SSRhc/SSRneon Wi-Fi Adapter Pre-Order Program

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: DIGWDF SSRez/SSRhc/SSRneon Wi-Fi Adapter Pre-Order Program

All orders (except two) have been packed and will be shipped tomorrow when Cliffy Claven comes by...

If you don't receive your packet by next Tuesday, Feb. 13th, please contact me.

If you are one of the two folks that have ordered by have yet to pay for shipping, please go back to the store and pay for the shipping for the number of kits you ordered. Your packets are packed, but they won't go out until we get your shipping.

http://digwdf.com/store/
    The DIGWDF Store is closed for all sales. Thanks to everyone who supported us through the years!
    User guides, documentation and other files are still free and available for downloading.

Post Thanks / Like

Note to all participants in this pre-order....

Things were a little hectic around the lab while kits were being filled. For example, some of the engineers can count up to six, but one of them has a little trouble... he usually goes 1-2-4-7 because he says he doesn't like the sound of the other numbers. Consequently, if you find you are short a part (such as a resistor, header pin or jumper shunt) please don't hesitate to let us know and we'll get it out to you asap.

Otherwise, there should soon be a bunch of wireless SSRs operating out their in the wild -- have fun with them -- and we're happy that you're putting some older, legacy gear back into operation. No sense leaving it in a box to gather dust!

The DIGWDF Store is closed for all sales. Thanks to everyone who supported us through the years!
    User guides, documentation and other files are still free and available for downloading.

Post Thanks / Like

If anyone knows Andrew Proctor or his handle, please let us know. We've tried to contact him about his DIGWDF Store pre-order more than seven times without a reply. Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

Finally getting mine built. Ready for the final assembly. When you say start address of 1 shouldn't that be 0 and then set the ESP-01 to universe 1 and the start address for each SSR accordingly. Since Renard is every 8 bits, if starting at output 1 then first box would be start address 1 and 2nd box would be address 1 as well but the jumpers would be on 5,6,7,8 correct?

Hmm just watched this video: https://diychristmas.org/vb1/showthr...ll=1#post91620. Now I am confused as to how I control which address each WiFi SSRez starts at.
    Last edited by davdue; 10-04-2018 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Added comments about start address.
    Dave-800Px-20KLts

Post Thanks / Like

With the PIC16F1825, the start address is 1. Start address 0 applies to PIC16F688 firmware, which won't work in the Wi-Fi adapter because the 16F688 needs a crystal oscillator. Setting the PIC's start address to 1 assures that the PIC will use the first 8 channels that it gets. This is what you want.

Then you set the ESP module to the universe and start channel of your show sequence to send the desired data to it.

Think about it. The PIC is an 8-channel pic but the first SSR uses the first 4 channels. That leaves the next 4 channels unused unless you connect something to the adapter's pins. An external SSR connected to the adapter's pins 5-6-7-8 would simply use the last four channels of the 8 channels the PIC gets. There's no change to the start address since the PIC processes 8 channels of data.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Dave, I understand. Basically each WiFi adapter has 8 channels but only 4 are being used. I could put 2 SSR's in a box with one WiFi adapter and have a wireless 8 channel SSR. I think that is the first time I have understood that the PIC16F1825 start address is 1 and the PIC16F688 start address is 0. Enjoy your retirement. I hope you stay around the forums to help us guys figure stuff out. I need to get on your store and see if I might need some stuff before you close. I can't get to your store from work since it is blocked.
    Dave-800Px-20KLts

Post Thanks / Like

Indeed, we are clearing things out in the store.... a few popular kits are out, but lots of bare boards available....

Post Thanks / Like

Dave,
    I have another problem with one of my Wi-Fi adapter SSR’s. I have one output that won’t come on. It works when I plug your SSR/cat-x tester into the jumper. But not through the WiFi. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dave-800Px-20KLts

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by davdue View Post
    Dave,
    I have another problem with one of my Wi-Fi adapter SSR’s. I have one output that won’t come on. It works when I plug your SSR/cat-x tester into the jumper. But not through the WiFi. Any ideas?

Dave found a bad connection with the RJ-45 connector on the SSR. I will have to swap out the SSR for now. I have a lot of them. I really need the top entry connectors. Maybe next year.

Dave-800Px-20KLts

Post Thanks / Like

A top connector will work fine, although you won't be be able to use it inside a TA-200 case -- it's too tall for a cat5 cable to plug into it and still close the lid. That's why the side-connector was with the kit and why there was board real estate for the cat5 cable to exit the connector and plug into the SSR. Take a flashlight and tweezers and you can straighten any of the pins in the rj45 so the cable connects.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12