Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nodes or strips

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nodes or strips

As I'm planning on outlining my house I can't help but keep going back and for between doing nodes or strips. How does everyone make a decision. I like the smooth look of the strips but like the brightness of nodes.

Sent from my SM-G920R6 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Nodes or strips

I wouldn't recommend strip... I replaced all the strip on my house outline in 2017 with C9 Pixabulbs. Much happier with the appearance and no failures. Strip is a pain from my experience... Strip will be brighter than nodes FYI, not sure where the "brightness of nodes" comment came from?

Post Thanks / Like

I also changed from strips to nodes. Too many failures with strips.

Post Thanks / Like

More than likely you are attracted to the even spacing, the alignment that strips give people. Go to Boscoyo Studios and get some chromatrim. This will allow you to evenly space and orient the lights, and give you a nice finished look. Strips suck for anything other than arches.

Post Thanks / Like

Strips suck for anything other than arches or candy canes

Post Thanks / Like

I use strips in my arches and on the corners of my house. At the end of 2016 I had to repair 7 sections of the strips. I had to repair zero nodes. For 2017, I had no failures even with extreme winds and temperatures well below 0. For 2018, all of my strips will be re purposed into arches. What I have found is that the strips work very well when they have an extra layer of protection.

Post Thanks / Like

Strips in PEX (arches, flat tree, etc.), other than that we use nodes.
    Live, Laugh, Love.

8. Thanks davdue thanked for this post
    Likes davdue liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I made a pixel pole using pixel strips for one of my megatrees this year and it's worked just great.

I attached six strips over most of the length of the center 3" PVC pole (137 pixels) and connected them in parallel. Then I covered the whole pole in clear shrinktube, followed by carefully sealing both the top and bottom. I used a single ESPixelStick to control them all along with a suitable 5vdc power supply. It's worked perfectly through the length of my show in temperatures down to -18F, and not a single pixel has gone out.

pixel_pole.jpg IMG_0793.jpg

Last edited by dirknerkle; 01-02-2018 at 11:18 AM.

http://digwdf.com/store/
    The DIGWDF Store is closed for all sales. Thanks to everyone who supported us through the years!
    User guides, documentation and other files are still free and available for downloading.

10. Likes davdue liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Opposite experience. Only fails of strips were when frames got damaged but plenty of node fails. Then again, all my strips are mounted to permanent frames. Someone mentioned that nodes are brighter than strips? No way. Strips are 3x brighter than nodes. Also, sparkle on strips is insanely cooler than nodes. Outline and arches strips, nodes minis and trees:

Post Thanks / Like

Capture.JPG

not sure what type of trim you have, but nodes nodes nodes. they strip is easy to hang an superbright, but will not give you the longevity you need. my trim stays up year round. 2 years = 1 failure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast