Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gradient folders

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Gradient folders

Is there a place to get pre-made gradients? I can never get the colors I ewant.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wichita View Post
    Is there a place to get pre-made gradients? I can never get the colors I ewant.
    I have found the attached page helpful to help me get the colors I'm looking for. Then I just transfer the RGB codes over and I'm good to go. Check near the bottom of the page for a pretty good set of pre-selected colors.
    https://www.rapidtables.com/web/color/RGB_Color.html
    These aren't gradients but can help get you there.
    Ed
    Happily retired

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ezellner View Post
    I have found the attached page helpful to help me get the colors I'm looking for. Then I just transfer the RGB codes over and I'm good to go. Check near the bottom of the page for a pretty good set of pre-selected colors.
    https://www.rapidtables.com/web/color/RGB_Color.html
    These aren't gradients but can help get you there.
    Hot tip.

Did you know when in the Vixen Color picker (color selection) you can hold the shift key down and click in the color area were the color and hex values are and drag the cursor over any color on the screen and it will select that color to use. Vary handy as I do this all the time for matching colors and you can match with colors in other programs or from the site above.

Hope this makes sense can do demo if required.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarmstr View Post
    Hot tip.

Did you know when in the Vixen Color picker (color selection) you can hold the shift key down and click in the color area were the color and hex values are and drag the cursor over any color on the screen and it will select that color to use. Vary handy as I do this all the time for matching colors and you can match with colors in other programs or from the site above.

Hope this makes sense can do demo if required.
    Didn't know that. Thanks for the tip! I think there are lot of "hidden" Vixen features that don't show in the documentation. It's even more powerful than many of us realize! Still trying to get a good handle on layering...
    Ed
    Happily retired

5. Likes TazChaLet liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's a cool free tool for choosing color schemes.
    http://www.guifx.com/software/Koloroo

What i really like about it is the user interface is laid out in such a way that teaches you how to think about colors. After using it for a short while, you've got the basic principles of color coordination in your head and can do it yourself without using the tool.

Just keep in mind that colors look different on your lights then they do on screen.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jchuchla View Post
    Here's a cool free tool for choosing color schemes.
    http://www.guifx.com/software/Koloroo

What i really like about it is the user interface is laid out in such a way that teaches you how to think about colors. After using it for a short while, you've got the basic principles of color coordination in your head and can do it yourself without using the tool.

Just keep in mind that colors look different on your lights then they do on screen.
    Nice!
    Ed
    Happily retired

Post Thanks / Like

Why can I not change the name of a Gradient? Since there are no folders I was just going to Change the names of the gradients, the first two letters, to match each song.

Post Thanks / Like

Because nobody has ever asked to be able to rename them. Actually, we have gotten more requests to do away with the naming for them altogether.

You can certainly file a feature request ticket for this, but know that how you're using them is very much the exception, so it may not make it to the top of the priority pile for a while.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12