Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Custom Controllers for Wireframes.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Custom Controllers for Wireframes.

You mind sharing pics of the frames you got for us?

Post Thanks / Like

I have something that may be of interest.

I created a carrier board for the Arduino Pro Mini awhile back for use in automating models.
    I think this Arduino is a lot of power for a small price. It also has a full complement of I/O pins without the size of an UNO.
    The point of the board was to breakout all the pins of the Mini (including the goofy A4-A7 interior pins) and to provide some regulated power sources to be used for low amperage needs and to power the Arduino. This way, your input supply doesn't have to be exactly what the Arduino Needs.
    So, the thought was with a 12V input, you'd have three voltages available. (12, 5, 3.3) This also allows the board to be used with 3.3V or 5.0V arduinos.
    The carrier measures 4x5cm.
    I have extra's if anyone wants to give it a spin. They cost a whopping $1.
    Here's a pic: (click to enlarge)

Arduino Pro Mini Breakout.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Here are the controllers we are using https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The pins all run in a straight line... don't think the breakout boards would work on these.

Post Thanks / Like

Correct, that is an Arduino Nano, not a Pro Mini.
    My post was for anyone that wanted to DIY wire their own setup together and needed a starting point.
    These would work just fine with the EM relay boards you show in the first couple of posts.
    Just a different way of using the exact same core technology.

However,
    Quote Originally Posted by lostbucket View Post
    Here are the controllers we are using https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The pins all run in a straight line... don't think the breakout boards would work on these.
    Last edited by ukewarrior; 12-23-2017 at 05:31 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

If it's a controller for myself that isn't going into a central box I just do this....

Cut off the input pins I don't need and screw the ones I am using in the sketch right to the relay board... this one is just doing a 3 channel Chase here.... I ground the relays from the Ground aurdrino pin... add VCC and GND to Aurdrino and VCC and you have a control box.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, posts #34 & 35 might be of interest if your working with Nanos. I`m going to do some more work on this in the new year.
    https://diychristmas.org/vb1/showthr...3811#post93811

7. Thanks lostbucket thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lostbucket View Post
    Wood guy you can build your own 4 channel chase for 17 bucks using 2 amp solid state relays. Just so you know for the future!
    Thanks for the info. I was in a bit of a hurry and this was the quickest path to the end.

Now I see that you just attach a nano right to a sainsmart relay board. I'm going to start experimenting with the Arduinios.
    lights, blow molds, and cut outs; no blinky-flashy yet

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Barnabybear... I can control the nano / uno thru Vixen just i went to 128 channels off of one using shift registers. I have stand alone animation controllers using them, and now I see I can control 300 pixels with 1 nano and an ethernet adapder you add, with code you showed me. I can use the nano in xLights as I have my nano pretending to be a LOR flashed PIC but i need to work on the code some more and clean it up, as it's not stable past about 30 mins and stops responding.... there isn't much you can't do!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wood_guy View Post
    Thanks for the info. I was in a bit of a hurry and this was the quickest path to the end.

Now I see that you just attach a nano right to a sainsmart relay board. I'm going to start experimenting with the Arduinios.
    Wood, in that picture its a 3 channel chase waiting 1/4 of a second bettween 1-2-3. I cut off all the pins at the board except GND D3 D5 D7 and D9 and those pins hit the 4 relays perfectly.

Post Thanks / Like

If you're looking for a simple, quick, and cheap, standalone 4-channel chase controller, here you go... This thing is thin and slides inside a 1" piece of PVC... connect it to your 120vac... provide 5vdc trigger current via a controller or even a wall wart, and this will do the job for up to 1A per channel...
    Attached Images Attached Images

http://digwdf.com/store/
    The DIGWDF Store is closed for all sales. Thanks to everyone who supported us through the years!
    User guides, documentation and other files are still free and available for downloading.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast