Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pixel Icicles

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Pixel Icicles

Quote Originally Posted by astrosnapper View Post
    I have run scrolling text on mine using the 6x6 font in xlights, it looks pretty good and is readable.
    SOLD! Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

I have uploaded a video of some scrolling text running across my set of icicles (which are mounted to a piece of 1/2inch EMT with 3 90 connectors at each end and hooked over a wall at the edge of the house) to my YouTube channel. This used the "6x6 Thin" font in Xlights with 'left' movement and speed=3. Some of the pixels are slightly blocked off by parts of a Bird of Paradise plant in the foreground which is just right of center...

Post Thanks / Like

I have 9 sets across my roofline. They were new this year , I really like them and the effects are great. the only thing about them is they are a bit tidious to set up in the display in Vixen because they are 3,4,5 lights at 15 strings.
    I finally numbered them strand 1- 1,2,3 , Strand 2-1,2,3,4 , Strand 3,- 1,2,3,4,5 etc. to keep them all straight. Being 3,4,5, I couldn't get the graphics or text to work correctly 3 pixels doesn't give you any letter or number that looks right..
    You can check them out at our website below !
    See all our videos at:

http://www.hickoryhollow74.wix.com/hickory-hollow

Vixen 3.5

"Electrical Tape is my Friend"
    Falcon F16V3
    Renard SS24 (8)
    20 Universes
    25,000 + lights

Post Thanks / Like

How is the data run back to the 'main' run from the end of drop? Do they run 4 core on the drops? Do they attach an extra wire?

My concern is, will I be able to shorten or lengthen the string, if need be, to fit my house?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HSSUSC View Post
    How is the data run back to the 'main' run from the end of drop? Do they run 4 core on the drops? Do they attach an extra wire?

My concern is, will I be able to shorten or lengthen the string, if need be, to fit my house?
    Generally yes, the data OUT (at the end of each icicle) need to be run up to the top (of each icicle), so that the data can cascade to the next icicle. Some icicles may actually have this return-line built into the strip. Others may simply run a single wire back up to the top.

Post Thanks / Like

The strings your looking at from Ray are 3-wire on the main run but have a forth wire along each drop to the next string.
    They have a pre-wired connector on each end but they can be trimmed. I had to trim a short length off one of the strings .
    I used tees every other string for power injection and also injected at the end . No issues.
    See all our videos at:

Vixen 3.5

Falcon F16V3
    Renard SS24 (8)
    20 Universes
    25,000 + lights

Post Thanks / Like

The strings your looking at from Ray are 3-wire on the main run but have a forth wire along each drop to the next string.
    They have a pre-wired connector on each end but they can be trimmed. I had to trim a short length off one of the strings .
    I used tees every other string for power injection and also injected at the end . No issues.
    Also, I used mounting strips from Boscoyo so you can vary the width a bit. The come I believe 8 inches between drops but I shortened to 5 with the strips.
    See all our videos at:

Vixen 3.5

Falcon F16V3
    Renard SS24 (8)
    20 Universes
    25,000 + lights

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12