Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Examples of 2D mini trees

Post Thanks / Like

Default Examples of 2D mini trees

I built five 4' tall mini trees this year out of PVC pipe and covered them with lights. They are working good, but I'm re thinking my trees and want to re do them for next year. I'm wondering if I really need to make 3D trees or if 2D trees would look ok too? Does any one have a picture or video of some mini trees that are only 2D? I would love to see some examples to give me some ideas on how I want to re make these trees.

I'm was originally thinking of making some out of plywood, but they would probably end up too heavy and I'm not sure how I would secure the lights. Perhaps a frame out of PVC or I could bend and weld up some 3/8" rebar.

Any way i would love to see some examples.

Thanks! Dale P.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Examples of 2D mini trees

What is the viewing angle for the trees? Can people see them from all sides, or just up front.

3D has two things going for it: 1. They can be viewed from multiple angles, and 2. the trees add depth to the look.
    2D has two things going for it: 1. You can do better imaging (images don't wrap around the prop), and 2. they store much easier.
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a picture of the front yard. I live on a bit of a corner so you don't get too many angles to see the trees from. I also should have said that they will be covered in standard lights, not pixels. If I ever did pixels on them I would go with a 3D tree, but these will have white, red and green lights on them.

No tomato cages ether. lol. I'm not crazy about the shape of them and they are just too flimsy for me. I can build something better.

Thanks, Dale P.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

2D would definitely work here. There are several examples this year of it.
    I, personally, like the 3D for the dimensions. I don't do many images on my little trees (usually).
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Post Thanks / Like

Lets get serious, I have over 10,000 channels on my back, just where do you want to start counting.

Post Thanks / Like

i love your display and house. classic all white is what i would concentrate on. don't make different mini trees - make more!

Post Thanks / Like

I like the trees u have. I think they look good. Iíve been wanting to add some 4-6 foot Christmas trees to a bare spot in my yard and thought about buying some cheap artificial trees now that there on sale but I may do pvc instead(pvc is easier to store). I built my 30in mini trees out of pvc and was pleased with them. Just curious how many lights do U have on those 4 footers?
    This is how I did mine, are urs similar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

i have a couple of mini trees I've had from years ago. not even sure where i got the frames.. this year i wanted more and i made a tree out of a hula hoop and a pvc pipe. they only have light on the front and side and the back is lightless. i like it.. I think im going to get some coroplast and pvc to make bases for lot more for next year.
    FB @ langleylights

Post Thanks / Like

I will take a picture of my trees tonight. I like them and want to make more, but they take up too much room to store. I can stack 4 of them together by putting a short piece of dowel in the top to keep them from rubbing together, but a 2D tree would take up even less room which is why I want to see if they look ok.
    This year I put 450 multi colored lights on each tree and 300 white ones. Next year I want to re do them and run 300 red, 300green, and 300 white lights on them so they can change colors.
    My mega tree will also change to the same three colors next year. This year I had 96 strands of multi colored with 32 channels of control.

Post Thanks / Like

When I get donít with mine I cut the zip tie off the top and stack them, still takes up more room than I would like
    I just got done reading the post with the 2d wire trees and I do like that idea. I have some of that wire in the building thatís been waiting to be used on something, I think I kno what Iím gonna use it on now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast