Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nutz4lights Display 2017 with sequences

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Nutz4lights Display 2017 with sequences

I love it, worth my time.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for sharing your videos and sequences. Very nice!

Post Thanks / Like

Louie, thanks for sharing again this year. Great job as usual!
    2013 - 6,000 Incans all static, 1 mega tree
    2014 - 12,500 Incans all static, 27 wireframes, 3 mega trees
    2015 - 20,000 Mostly LED, 45 wireframes, 4 mega trees, 72 renard channels, 16 LOR channels
    2016 - 25,000+ lights mostly LED, 50+ wireframes, 4 mega trees, 176 renard channels, 16 LOR channels, 800 pixels

https://www.facebook.com/Stoney-Ridg...6107967233852/

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you very much for your hard work and sharing. Downloaded your We Wish You A Merry Christmas xml and I believe your whole house effects are missing in it. There are spots in the sequence where there is nothing, except for the Really Big Lights. Would love everything if possible. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Tri: we actually use several whole house, or ALL, layers and they each exclude one thing. For instance: ALL NO MEGA, ALL NO FLAKES, ALL NO TWIGS, etc. I won't be home till later to check this out but perhaps you could try reimporting with one of the other whole house groups. If memory serves me correctly, I believe We Wish You A Merry Christmas uses a good amount of ALL NO MEGA and it would be noticeable in the video.

Now, I'm not an expert with xlights, but I think what I've heard is that, maybe I don't need those ALL NO XXXXX layers. As long as the model I am trying to exclude is below the ALL NO XXXXX in the master view of the sequence, it will override any effects the ALL is sending it.... but I haven't tried it out. Maybe I will while I'm sequencing today...

Let me know what you find out.

Louie

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I opened your xml file again, not import, and looked at the Display Elements. In this sequence I downloaded there are no All, All-No-Mega, All-No-Mega-Mini-Twig and All-No-Window groups in the sequence. This must be where some of your sequencing is because from 6 sec to 23.5 sec and other places there are no effects, except for Really Big Lights and Star.

Post Thanks / Like

Last edited by Trioxide; 12-16-2017 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Duplicate

Post Thanks / Like

If you right click on a model in the sequence and select show all effects it will expand everything to show where there may be hidden effects. I ran into this same quandary with Louie's We Wish you a Merry Christmas and managed to find them. Once imported in it looked so awesome on my house.

Thanks again Louie!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I had done that already. That is how I saw the effects on the Star group. But there is no All-No-Mega group in the sequence which is where he says those effects should be.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, just got back from Seaworld... man do they have a ton of pixels there...

Anyway, I just opened up the We Wish You A Merry Christmas sequence and the segment between 6 seconds to 23 seconds is exclusively the ALL model group. In addition, the only other ALL usage is on the ALL group between about 40 to 50 seconds and then the ALL-NO-MEGA group from around 1:08 to 1:19.

So, I have limited experience with using someone else's sequences. I believe I attached an XML file, the same XML file that I just opened up myself and there are definitely effects on the ALL group and the ALL-NO-MEGA group, so how do I go about helping you get what you need? I'm looking at the XML right now and the effects are there.

-Louie

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast