Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Amazing Piano Choreography

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Amazing Piano Choreography

DANG!! I just found this thread also... I live just a few minutes away and i didn't even know it existed!!! Hopefully, they do it next year

Post Thanks / Like

Just found this thread. I am curious if anyone is familiar wit Lightshow Pro from around 2009 or 2010. They allowed use of bluetooth Wii guitar for Live input. You were able to 1) record a sequence using Wii guitar as input. 2) You could establish control points the would be available to activate live while sequence is playing. in other words you could have a guitar hero video play as a guide and play the wii guitar live as a performance. or 3) you could have competition on accuracy. Again the video would play and the lights would be keyed by the bluetooth input off the guitar but the software could score you and give a result. I am interested in the use of live performance in conjunction with pre sequenced events as in the old lightship pro. I have been looking and this seemed to die in 2011 or 2012 . There ws a vix2n 2.5 version that attempted live input as well. I still have lightshow pro somewhere . Didn't like having to pay for upgrades every year.
    PD Shimmers
    Plymouth, MN
    http://www.pdshimmers.com

Ithaca Lane - Plymouth MN
    8 Homes with 58,000 lights
    "One light for each person diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease in 2017"

Post Thanks / Like

I can see where this could be used for other than Christmas displays. For instance, I DJ from time to time. I don't have the funds to purchase, nor the time to learn live software (such as Madrix), but I could take the time to create a bunch of sequence parts and then activate them on an as needed basis from a small keyboard, or other MIDI device.

To say the least, I'm watching with a very keen interest.
    "Never Give Up. Never Surrender!"
    Capt Tagert - Galaxy Quest.
    Al Gerdes - Christmas Lighting Nut!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, everyone is going to have a pianist sitting in front of their house when it's below freezing! it's a great demonstration of the potential of light shows, but practically it seems to be ridiculous!

5. Likes deonb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danozfw View Post
    Yeah, everyone is going to have a pianist sitting in front of their house when it's below freezing! it's a great demonstration of the potential of light shows, but practically it seems to be ridiculous!
    Since I write the (FPP) software, the interest for me is in giving my 7 year old son the ability to "play" the Christmas lights on our house with his keyboard. That's enough interest for me, but if it benefits anyone else, then that's just an added benefit. We already have a sequence with audio of him playing Jingle Bells on the piano when he was 6, including his own voiceover announcement, "my name is Logan and I am going to be playing Jingle Bells." The intro includes a lip synced talking snowman on our P10 panels.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danozfw View Post
    I think it has potential beyond just someone sitting at a piano. Connect this to some type of pad (Dance-Dance Revolution, Tom Hank's movie Big) and I would think kids* would have a lot of fun jumping around making the lights blink all over.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes- use your imagination. How many concerts has Judy Pencoast done in front of light displays in Northern climate? Bentleyville MN is a static walk thru display near Duluth. DOn't get much colder than that. I did Wii guitar using a video of frets on fire as a guide. Cars honked horns as approval. Captain I remain interested. For me it has potential as fundraiser for Parkinson's disease.
    PD Shimmers
    Plymouth, MN
    http://www.pdshimmers.com

Ithaca Lane - Plymouth MN
    8 Homes with 58,000 lights
    "One light for each person diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease in 2017"

where the cold crisp winter weather winds nip at your noses and freezes your toe's es
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL..... N.E. Iowa's temps got your Duluth's beat ..... ( lower that is )
    And sorry .... I am also not thinking this piano thingy is all that great either ..

Different ? Yes ....
    Great ? no...
    And as was already said ....
    the WII had something like this already , so , not entirely a new idea /concept

Post Thanks / Like

Several programs have already had the feature and you can already do something similar with FPP using the GPIO inputs. The main advantage is just taking MIDI in instead of having to hookup a bunch of switches to GPIO inputs.

I will be thinking about it and will email myself a link to the thread so I can remember to post back once I have something that can be tested.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a good link to show what LightShowPro will do with a Wii Guitar.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGTgfY4dZ6E
    Pretty cool!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast