Thread: Vixen 3 and FPP 1.9

Post Thanks / Like

Default Vixen 3 and FPP 1.9

I used Vixen 3 and FPP 1.8-ish last year. For the sequences I used and put together via Vixen and exported last year, they still work on FPP today, however anything I compile with Vixen3 today, whatever the current version is, for some reason doesn't appear to work.

The items that aren't working are mainly the sequences from what I can tell. Typical scenerio is: I plug a string into 1 channel, they are on (YEAH!). As soon as I run the playlist the lights go out, I hear the music, and well....that's it. Through Vixen and it's preview, they work fine...but on FPP, they don't. If by chance, the player brings up a sequence from last year that I created, they work and I get the functionality out of what I was looking for.

2 questions comes to mind with this...
    1. When mapping my elements in Vixen to the outputs, do I need to concern myself with the controller being used? A post from some other forum said this doesn't matter, but I've read previously, the best thing to do is use your controller model you are using. Since I am running a Pi3, this did matter. Following up this question, if this is true, what controller model should I be selecting?

2. If question 1 is something I cross off as being something that has no bearing -- than what in FPP can I look for to make sure my settings are correct? I've looked at the input/output settings and have created an "other" list of all of my channels -- being GPIO. meaning, I went through and clicked on add, and added the multiple channels and set them to the correct GPIO #.

thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Vixen 3 and FPP 1.9

While it's recommended that your controllers are set up and functional in both FPP and Vixen, it's not strictly necessary today. (but don't bank on that not changing) Your elements do however need to be configured and patched to a controller. When you export, you need to have the controllers selected that you want exported, and you can change the order of the controllers.

If your sequences from last year work, and this year's don't, then you must have changed something in either your display setup or how you're exporting.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the fast response time...

My elements are patched to a renard controller. I only use 6 channels...so it's not crazy (yet). As for being configured -- not sure? How would I check? I will try something based on your comment of the controllers being selected...

I will also go in and check the display setup. I'll update shortly in case someone else has this issue.

Post Thanks / Like

so as far as I can tell -- I got it working. I ended up reinstalling vixen and setting things back up from scratch. At the end of the day, I think it was the effects I was using and the fact that your standard string O lights just don't work with anything other than "Set Level" out of Vixen. no fades, just either on or off.

Oh well. next yr will be an investment to LEDs and such given I'm sort of out of time.

Happy Holidays all, and hopefully this will help the next person.

Post Thanks / Like

That is not correct. All effects will work on all lights. Vixen doesn't know anything about your lights.