Thread: E682 not working

Post Thanks / Like

Default E682 not working

I have 3 new to me E682s that I've purchased from different forum members.

One of them was working in terms of booting up and showing a web page. Then I powered it down and brought it back and now nothing. Lights are on the board but the Ethernet port light just does a slow blink and the board never gets on the network.

The other 2 are working in terms of full function but they each have some outputs that don't work. Fuses are fine and universe / start addresses do not overlap (I should probably triple check this). Lights work because I can plug them into another port on the same board and they come on.

Any thoughts are how to diagnose?

Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: E682 not working

as far as some ports not working check the solder I had this on a used board I got
    James WinterHaven Fl

Post Thanks / Like

On the board that doesn't show a webpage, you might have to reset the IP address back to a default IP Address using the override function.

1) Press and hold the PROG button on the E682.
    2) After a few seconds the red and green LEDs will begin flashing on and off together at the rate of about 1 flash per second. Wait until the LEDs flash the number of times equal to your override number, then release the PROG button.Example: If your override number is 5, press and hold PROG, and count the flashes. When the LEDs come on for the 5th time, release PROG.

This is a list of all override numbers and their purposes:
    1 Display the E682s currently stored IP address on the LEDs, repeat until powered off.
    2 Force a temporary IP address of 2.2.2.2.
    3 Force a temporary IP address of 10.10.10.10
    4 Force a temporary IP address of 169.254.74.73
    5 Force a temporary IP address of 192.168.0.206
    6 Force a temporary IP address of 192.168.1.206..
    Then try typing in the newly assigned IP address in a new webpage on your computer. If it works and the webpage shows up, then you can manually set to any free static IP address you choose on your network.
    NOTW Lights 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Your computer must be on the same subnet as the controller. As above, the override number of 1 will tell you the ip address that the controller is configured. IF you were in test mode when the controller shut off, you may have to go back and force a new IP.
    That's a feature not a bug.
    There's no charge for that.

Post Thanks / Like

also for some ports not working... check the socketed driver chips. just swap them around on the same board and if the problem moves to different ports, then you got a bad chip. I have 10 e682s and this year i had to replace 3 of the chips (out of 40 total)

Post Thanks / Like

First and foremost check your LEDs and make sure at least 4 or lit. Should be at least 2 yellows a red and green? Green will flicker if its in test pattern mode.
    I would check hardware (function) then software. Solder joint may have rattled loose?

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you everyone for the responses. When I get home, I'll follow everyone's advice. I appreciate it!!