Thread: String son E682 cloning

Post Thanks / Like

Default String son E682 cloning

SO here is my issue, string 2 and string 3 on my mega tree are cloning each other. If i chose node 100, which should be the bottom node on string two, node 101 on string will light up. Does this for all nodes on those two strings only. I have all my strings zig zagging. 100 nodes per output. Here is my setup....

682.JPG

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: String son E682 cloning

Do you have the channels per universe set the same in the controller and whatever software you are using to control the lights? You can use 510 or 512 channels per universe but it needs to be set the same in both places.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scott4864 View Post
    Do you have the channels per universe set the same in the controller and whatever software you are using to control the lights? You can use 510 or 512 channels per universe but it needs to be set the same in both places.
    Yes, ,something is very wrong, i was trying light up pixel number 351, ,that would be the first pixel on string 8, but it would not turn on. There were no issues when i had it running these same trings off the same ports on the mega matrix back during halloween. I think i may try and reinstal the firmware and wee what happens.

Post Thanks / Like

What are you using to test it? xLights, FPP test page, etc... What does it do when you run the test built in to the controller?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scott4864 View Post
    What are you using to test it? xLights, FPP test page, etc... What does it do when you run the test built in to the controller?
    I have tried testing with xlights and FPP, the tester on the UI page works correctly, but i can not test individual channels with it.

Post Thanks / Like

SO this is what my tree does in test mode. Will eventually right itself.

https://www.facebook.com/jerry.c.tho...0095014316775/https://www.facebook.com/jerry.c.tho...0095014316775/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jerry72 View Post
    I have tried testing with xlights and FPP, the tester on the UI page works correctly, but i can not test individual channels with it.
    You can test individual channels in FPP. Just put the correct contiguous channel range in boxes near the top. I doubt if your issue is firmware. You have a set up problem in either Xlights or FPP. Your E682 looks right.
    Ed
    Happily retired

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jerry72 View Post
    On the FPP player page you can test individual channels. Just under "Enable Test Mode" there is " Channel Test Range". I'm not familiar with Xlights but I'm sure you can test individual channels. Go to "Tools, test" and the channels are listed. To activate just a channel double click on the box next to the listed channel. To test all channels double click on the box next to the controller listed.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk