Thread: Tips for installing square pixels into coro?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tips for installing square pixels into coro?

Was just curious if anyone had any best practices or tips for putting square pixels into coro, particularly into Boscoyo's ChromaTrim. I'm all ears.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Tips for installing square pixels into coro?

Eh, nevermind. Initially i was trying to push the pixel notch all the way through. realize i don't have to do that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by corydorning View Post
    Eh, nevermind. Initially i was trying to push the pixel notch all the way through. realize i don't have to do that.
    IF you want the node to be locked in, you should push it through so the mounting material sits in the notch. You may have to angle one side in first (I know, hard to do w/ the square nodes) to get it to seat. You may need to create a jig, some 12-14mm holes in a piece of 2x4 to allow you to have a surface to push against. Some have simply used a 12mm socket to push against.
    Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Using a deep socket, place the pixel through the coro and press it in with the socket. Choose a socket with a little wiggle room and you should hear a click. The stubborn ones need to be placed slightly at an angle when pressing into place. i personal just screwed the socket to my wooden work bench leg with a screw and a washer and then with a round rod attached to a hinge at the top of it, screwed the hinge to the top of the bench making an assembly line press and went to town.