Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Ray's quality slipping?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Is Ray's quality slipping?

My early orders from Ray were OK. It's just the one from last year that I have a problem with.
    That said, I contacted Ray and he offered to send me replacements.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RobG View Post
    My early orders from Ray were OK. It's just the one from last year that I have a problem with.
    That said, I contacted Ray and he offered to send me replacements.
    That is what sets apart from many other vendors, he will fix the issue asap.

Post Thanks / Like

Ordered late this year and he took a long time after promises to get them here. Dozens of extensions, 100 or more pigtails, I think i tossed 1 of all of them that I checked. All my T's were good, those are real issue in prior years.

Will order a few more extensions this year, but finally getting close to no more cat 5 running around besides distribution of rs485 signals now.

I plan to order in the spring this year though, and it's good to be a month or two after the Chinese New Year Holiday, he seemed to loose workers in the prior years and had quality issues in those months.

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered 2200 WS281 12 VDC square nodes AND 400 three pixels per node WS2811 from Ray on 8/22/17, I had them 8 days later. So far I had 3 bad pixels during burn in, and 2 more since the show started Thanksgiving night. All in all I have bought quite a bit from Ray in 7 years, and will continue to do so.

Post Thanks / Like

This year, I got 1 bad node out of 200 WS2811 squares from Ray and was credited $15. ( I ordered on 10/2)

Granted, my order was for 400 nodes but that somehow got reduced in translation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12