Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Ray's quality slipping?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Is Ray's quality slipping?

My last two orders from Ray included bunch of pixel strings, pigtails, extension wires, and Ts.
    Some pigtails and Ts have misaligned pin holes, so they either don't fit or connecting them is really hard.
    Some pigtails have bad connection or pins are not even.
    One bunch of pigtails had couple of wrong ones (3 pin instead of 4)
    One extension cable has a screw ring which is facing the wrong way, meaning I have to cut it to make it usable.
    ALL 3 pixel strings with connectors I ordered are bad, outputs do not work. One has visible flaw, wire that is not soldered to PCB. I bought them to see if they will be easier to use than regular strings. I guess not!
    LEDs and PCBs are crooked, not a big deal, but makes you wonder about the process, looks like they were rushed.
    I have 20 untested strings, will add to this list when I find a problem.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Is Ray's quality slipping?

Sounds like another vendor we all know.

Too much volume and success has wrecked the quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by RobG View Post
    My last two orders from Ray included bunch of pixel strings, pigtails, extension wires, and Ts.
    Some pigtails and Ts have misaligned pin holes, so they either don't fit or connecting them is really hard.
    One extension cable has a screw ring which is facing the wrong way, meaning I have to cut it to make it usable.
    ALL 3 pixel strings with connectors I ordered are bad, outputs do not work. One has visible flaw, wire that is not soldered to PCB. I bought them to see if they will be easier to use than regular strings. I guess not!
    LEDs and PCBs are crooked, not a big deal, but makes you wonder about the process, looks like they were rushed.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, my orders have been good. That said everything was delivered in September.

Post Thanks / Like

I have heard complaints about Ray's quality every year around this time. So there's a good chance that his quality indeed goes down during the busy season.

Post Thanks / Like

I have never had a failure with Ray's Pixels, but once in a while there will be one that the dome is off kilter a bit. I too receive mine early in the year.

Post Thanks / Like

Just FYI, all those mentioned above where ordered last year

Post Thanks / Like

One thing with ray is I find his customer service is great. Not every one can be perfect and I have had some quality issues in the past. I made sure I discussed this when him and he has always supplied another batch. Have you reported the issue to him.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Is Ray's quality slipping?

I just got my batch of my order from him a day before Thanksgiving, and I ordered from him a day before Halloween this year. I had just done a quality check on 20 of the 40 pigtails and all seem fine. I will continue to look tonight to see what you reported. But so far, everything looks fine. I only ordered 2 x 15ft extension cables from him and they both work good. I can post some pictures if I have a chance so you can see later in the evening. I have been checking the connections from the Falcon F16v3 every cable that I have prepped so far. Seems good. I check with a digital craftsman $9 multimeter
    Last edited by BizeekDIY; 12-05-2017 at 04:07 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I've ordered over 4000 lights from Ray along with pigtails and other items. Only had one pigtail that was bad and a few glands missing the inserts. I contacted him and he made good on the bad pieces. I plan on placing another order with him for next years additions!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RobG View Post
    I consider any order from there a crap shoot. QA/QC is always a primary challenge with manufacturing, talk to anyone who does business there. I learned from year 1 to not make assumptions on wire colors and diagrams. For the price what can I really say, it still boggles my mind that 50 assembled weather proof pixels with that much wire is $25.

Itís about expectations. Mine are low as long as lights turn on because they have to at least do that test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    youtu.be/nBL9qYPaXwQ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast