Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cold Weather Performance?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Cold Weather Performance?

Mine worked at 10 degrees, in Alaska.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheLost View Post

IMHO the best ESP-01 boards are the ones that have 'AI-Cloud Inside' printed on them with both a Red (power) and Blue (signal) status LED. They also should have very clean/crisp trace lines. The knockoffs normaly only have one color LED (blue) and have sloppy solder connections.
    Single blue led is not necessarily a knockoff. All the newer ESP-01S boards I have received have a single blue led.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
    Single blue led is not necessarily a knockoff. All the newer ESP-01S boards I have received have a single blue led.
    All of my single blue LED ESP-01S boards have problems writing to the SPIFFS. Some will work fine if the file system isn't used, but they fail read/write tests . Most vendors say the -01S has better wifi along with the 1MB upgrade and removed 'power' light. But In my tests the 1MB boards with the red power/blue signal LED's work the best.

That's just my experience with the dozens of chips i've played with

Post Thanks / Like

Every ESP-01 specific issue that I've been contacted about has traced back to people buying their own ESP-01 modules or using the code on some other module. I've had numerous people contact me having issues with the ESP-01S boards, which typically have a very fat antenna trace and Ai-Cloud spelled with a "1" as the "i". In these cases, I recommend people build from source and play with the SPIFFS settings to get something stable. For the boards I sell, the modules are original ESP-01 1MB modules sourced from AI-Thinker and have proven very reliable.
    -shelby

Post Thanks / Like

My ESP8266 based Sonoffs worked perfectly since my first post ...until last night when the temps dropped into the 20s. Both failed to turn off at the end of the show. When time permits I'll be opening one and adding a 47k resistor across the line to put a little heat in the enclosure.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveMcK View Post
    My ESP8266 based Sonoffs worked perfectly since my first post ...until last night when the temps dropped into the 20s. Both failed to turn off at the end of the show. When time permits I'll be opening one and adding a 47k resistor across the line to put a little heat in the enclosure.

Can you dim with these things or do they just have relays inside?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sporadic View Post
    Can you dim with these things or do they just have relays inside?
    Simple relay. As a test this year I'm using them to control my exterior sound and "tune to" sign. When I can get them working reliably future plans are to control some inflatables that stay on throughout the evening that I currently control with some old X10s.

Controlling the inflatables separately let's me shutdown the inflatables if it gets too windy out without touching the light show.

8. Thanks sporadic thanked for this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12