Thread: First ever wire frame

Post Thanks / Like

Default First ever wire frame

My wife has wanted a golfing santa wireframe for several years. I had no prior metal working or welding experience. I used a cheap projector to put the image on a sheet of OSB so I could trace the outlines. The next step was to learn how to bend the rod. I made a plywood jig with a french curve like part and a small circle. I also used a bench vise. One trick for bending was to work with a long piece and form a smaller shape then cut to size. Keeping the bends in the same plane took some getting used too. I stapled everything to the OSB. I borrowed a wire feed welder and equipment from a friend. I spent some time making practice welds before trying any real work. After not setting the house on fire, I cleaned everything up with a wire wheel. Then one coat of bare metal primer followed by a coat of flat black paint.

I used lights and combo clips from www.christmas-leds.com. I bought a 4 channel sequencer from www.christmasdonebright.com

Here are few pictures. The colors don't show up as nice in the lighted photo as they do when you look at it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    lights, blow molds, and cut outs; no blinky-flashy yet

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: First ever wire frame

That turned out great, amazing considering where you started from!!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    ~Jason
    [URL]http://www.tooz.us[/URL]