Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Show does not start with the schedule

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Show does not start with the schedule

Everything in those logs looks normal and suggests the first sequence played and it was stopped as the second one was about to start. The logs we are missing are the error and the warn log. Are you sure there is nothing in the error log? Does the preview show anything playing when the schedule runs?

The other odd thing is the web interface does not work. Has it ever worked for you? I am trying to think of something that ties those two together.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeffu231 View Post
    Everything in those logs looks normal and suggests the first sequence played and it was stopped as the second one was about to start. The logs we are missing are the error and the warn log. Are you sure there is nothing in the error log? Does the preview show anything playing when the schedule runs?

The other odd thing is the web interface does not work. Has it ever worked for you? I am trying to think of something that ties those two together.
    Logs posted below. I've only tried using the preview a couple times and it had mixed results that strings just stopped working, since I had all the lights strung across my house it wasn't a big deal to me. The web interface loads and I tried using it for the first time last night to troubleshoot the issue more at the suggestion of a friend. The web interface would not light up any lights and would not start a sequence.

Error Log: I'm assuming that is because my COM cable cant reach into the room I'm in while troubleshooting.
    11/26/2017 19:42:22.463 [VixenModules.Output.Renard.Module] COM7 is in use. Starting controller retry timer for f66130a6-ff8a-48a7-bf1e-fac6cec2fc2c
    11/26/2017 19:42:35.905 [VixenModules.Output.Renard.Module] COM7 is in use. Starting controller retry timer for f66130a6-ff8a-48a7-bf1e-fac6cec2fc2c
    11/26/2017 19:44:35.925 [VixenModules.Output.Renard.Module] COM7 is in use. Starting controller retry timer for f66130a6-ff8a-48a7-bf1e-fac6cec2fc2c
    11/26/2017 19:46:35.937 [VixenModules.Output.Renard.Module] COM7 is in use. Starting controller retry timer for f66130a6-ff8a-48a7-bf1e-fac6cec2fc2c
    11/26/2017 20:24:33.504 [Vixen.Sys.Output.OutputController] An error ocuered outputing data for controller Renard System.IO.IOException: The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.

at System.IO.Ports.InternalResources.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str)
    at System.IO.Ports.SerialStream.get_BytesToWrite()
    at VixenModules.Output.Renard.Module._WaitForBufferRo om(Int32 bytesToWrite)
    at VixenModules.Output.Renard.Module.UpdateState(Int3 2 chainIndex, ICommand[] outputStates)
    at Vixen.Sys.Output.OutputController.Update() at System.IO.Ports.InternalResources.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str)
    at System.IO.Ports.SerialStream.get_BytesToWrite()
    at VixenModules.Output.Renard.Module._WaitForBufferRo om(Int32 bytesToWrite)
    at VixenModules.Output.Renard.Module.UpdateState(Int3 2 chainIndex, ICommand[] outputStates)
    at Vixen.Sys.Output.OutputController.Update()

Warn.Log
    11/24/2017 17:13:24.993 [VixenModules.Controller.E131.E131OutputPlugin] E1.31 plugin failed to start due to unassigned destinations. This can happen with newly created plugin instances that have yet to be configured.
    11/24/2017 17:25:30.795 [VixenModules.Controller.E131.E131OutputPlugin] E1.31 plugin failed to start due to unassigned destinations. This can happen with newly created plugin instances that have yet to be configured.
    11/24/2017 17:38:25.064 [VixenModules.Controller.E131.E131OutputPlugin] E1.31 plugin failed to start due to unassigned destinations. This can happen with newly created plugin instances that have yet to be configured.

Post Thanks / Like

I had some issues kind of like this, my sequences would play great just opening them up out of the recent sequences, loaded up a schedule and show and it played all of last years sequences. Ended up being my oversight. Went into system, profiles,, found the name i had giving it for 2017 and clicked Ok and worked like a champ. Just my issue, hope your problem is kind of like mine. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by barberk View Post
    I had some issues kind of like this, my sequences would play great just opening them up out of the recent sequences, loaded up a schedule and show and it played all of last years sequences. Ended up being my oversight. Went into system, profiles,, found the name i had giving it for 2017 and clicked Ok and worked like a champ. Just my issue, hope your problem is kind of like mine. Good luck.
    Might be onto something. In the screenshots, the third one shows the Pause between sequences is set to 4 seconds but the log shows the Pause is 5 seconds. Maybe two different profiles at work?
    Making it bright since 1989...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by barberk View Post
    I swear I replied to this, but it never showed up.

This was essentially it. Vixen was looking at the directories that were listed, but the recent files and what was showing were not the same files. Once I manually saved them in that directory and changed the show it started working.

Thank you all for your help!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lumpbuzcut View Post
    I swear I replied to this, but it never showed up.

This was essentially it. Vixen was looking at the directories that were listed, but the recent files and what was showing were not the same files. Once I manually saved them in that directory and changed the show it started working.

Thank you all for your help!
    Can you expand on this. I want to make sure everything is working in Vixen as it should. Where was it looking, and where were the files actually located?

As of last year, Vixen now moves all of the files needed to run into the profile folder. It sorts out the appropriate files to the appropriate places in the profile folder. What did you manually copy from where to where? I'm wondering if your scheduler was set up before that change and was referencing files outside of the profile folder. Or if maybe you're working on sequence files that aren't properly in the profile folder or some variation of that. If your sequence files are located elsewhere, they should have been copied into the <profile>\sequences\ folder when you add them to the schedule. If you continued to work on them and save them in that alternate location afterwards, then that wouldn't be the copy the scheduler is looking for.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jchuchla View Post
    Can you expand on this. I want to make sure everything is working in Vixen as it should. Where was it looking, and where were the files actually located?

As of last year, Vixen now moves all of the files needed to run into the profile folder. It sorts out the appropriate files to the appropriate places in the profile folder. What did you manually copy from where to where? I'm wondering if your scheduler was set up before that change and was referencing files outside of the profile folder. Or if maybe you're working on sequence files that aren't properly in the profile folder or some variation of that. If your sequence files are located elsewhere, they should have been copied into the <profile>\sequences\ folder when you add them to the schedule. If you continued to work on them and save them in that alternate location afterwards, then that wouldn't be the copy the scheduler is looking for.
    I'm not sure where the "auto saves" where actually going. I know as I worked through songs I'd just pick from the most recent list and those were accurate and up to date. For scheduling I picked them from the profile folder and it was loading actually loading in what seemed to be the first version of the file. When I went back into edit the file (the correct and up to date version). Instead of letting the autosave run, I would manually "Save As" into the default folder and it would update what the scheduler was seeing if that makes sense?

Post Thanks / Like

The auto save overwrites the previous version that you saved. You should always be keeping the sequences in the "sequences" folder in your profile. likewise, the audio files belong in the media folder. Certain functions in Vixen expect these files to be in these locations. And it will always try to put these files into these folders.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12