Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: ESPixelStick v3.0 Released

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: ESPixelStick v3.0 Released

    Shelby,

    I looked on Amazon and it doesn't appear that they have any more in stock and are not sure when more will be available. Are you planning to continue to sell these on Amazon or to do another group buy? I really don't want to have to get my own boards printed and source all the parts but I will if I need to because this is an awesome little controller. We are using 5 in our show currently, and are about to add a 6th. Unfortunately, that leaves me without any backups in case something happens.

    Thanks!

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    1,071
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: ESPixelStick v3.0 Released

    Quote Originally Posted by PhilipH View Post
    Shelby,

    I looked on Amazon and it doesn't appear that they have any more in stock and are not sure when more will be available. Are you planning to continue to sell these on Amazon or to do another group buy? I really don't want to have to get my own boards printed and source all the parts but I will if I need to because this is an awesome little controller. We are using 5 in our show currently, and are about to add a 6th. Unfortunately, that leaves me without any backups in case something happens.

    Thanks!
    I should have more stock on Amazon next week, but that'll be it until around March next year.
    thanks,
    -shelby

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: ESPixelStick v3.0 Released

    Shelby,

    The link commonly used to point to the ESPixelStick PCB on OSHPark appears to be broken. Is it still available, or was it taken down?

    https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/csfAroXY

    Thanks for your time!

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    1,071
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: ESPixelStick v3.0 Released

    Quote Originally Posted by weinrich View Post
    Shelby,

    The link commonly used to point to the ESPixelStick PCB on OSHPark appears to be broken. Is it still available, or was it taken down?

    https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/csfAroXY

    Thanks for your time!
    I had to remove the V1 boards from OSHPark because some guy on Tindie was buying them, doing a crap job of assembling them, then trying to pass them off as mine. Didn't know until someone contacted me for help with one that was DOA :/ Check the 2nd review here - https://www.tindie.com/stores/spaelectronics/reviews/. I contacted Tindie about it and they've since removed the listing. Sorry!
    -shelby
    Last edited by sporadic; 12-05-2018 at 11:56 PM.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: ESPixelStick v3.0 Released

    Quote Originally Posted by sporadic View Post
    I should have more stock on Amazon next week, but that'll be it until around March next year.
    thanks,
    -shelby
    Shelby, I have been checking every day and have not seen any more pixel sticks come available on Amazon. Any update on when those will arrive and be available? I'm hoping I didn't miss it...

    Thanks,
    Philip

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Maryville, TN
    Posts
    230
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: ESPixelStick v3.0 Released

    I am having trouble with the Travis build 3.1 using the DMX512 setup.

    Last year had problems with the 3.0 build and decided to drop it from the show last year.

    The 3.0 build had problems with sending data. This year started up the ESPixelstick using the requires RS485 add on board and could not get the attached devises to see the signal. These devices free run going though all colors when a DMX signal is not present and turns off the free run with all lights off with DMX signal is present. I could get the lights off if I changed from DMX512 to Renard, the LED's would occasionally flicker and could use the internal test and some would works, go back to DMX and the lights would say OFF but nothing would be sent to the controller using the Test options.

    Downloaded Travis 3.1, setup my SSID, Paraphase, etc. It did connect me and the DMX512 signal was being sent but still did not see any data going to the controllers using the test feature. Defaults where not changed.

    Tried to change from DHCP mode to Unicast and input my new IP address, saved it and could not find the ESP, did not look to hard to find it.

    Why am I not getting any test options to work?

    BTW: These are 10 x dumb 3 channel RGB controllers and start at channel 208-238.
    Inventor of the "LED Keeper"

    My Videos [URL="http://www.vimeo.com/Dennischerry"]www.vimeo.com/Dennischerry[/URL]

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    1,071
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: ESPixelStick v3.0 Released

    Quote Originally Posted by PhilipH View Post
    Shelby, I have been checking every day and have not seen any more pixel sticks come available on Amazon. Any update on when those will arrive and be available? I'm hoping I didn't miss it...

    Thanks,
    Philip
    Some things came up and I haven't been able to refresh my Amazon inventory lately I'll send you a PM.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Cherry View Post
    I am having trouble with the Travis build 3.1 using the DMX512 setup.

    Last year had problems with the 3.0 build and decided to drop it from the show last year.

    The 3.0 build had problems with sending data. This year started up the ESPixelstick using the requires RS485 add on board and could not get the attached devises to see the signal. These devices free run going though all colors when a DMX signal is not present and turns off the free run with all lights off with DMX signal is present. I could get the lights off if I changed from DMX512 to Renard, the LED's would occasionally flicker and could use the internal test and some would works, go back to DMX and the lights would say OFF but nothing would be sent to the controller using the Test options.

    Downloaded Travis 3.1, setup my SSID, Paraphase, etc. It did connect me and the DMX512 signal was being sent but still did not see any data going to the controllers using the test feature. Defaults where not changed.

    Tried to change from DHCP mode to Unicast and input my new IP address, saved it and could not find the ESP, did not look to hard to find it.

    Why am I not getting any test options to work?

    BTW: These are 10 x dumb 3 channel RGB controllers and start at channel 208-238.
    Sounds like the issue is between the ESPixelStick and RS485 board. Or from the RS485 board to your DMX device. Are you sure the differential pair isn't backwards? As for firmware versions, I recommend staying on 3.0 as the Travis builds aren't tested. Any issues with 3.0 are more than likely due to your wireless network setup or wifi environment.
    -shelby

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Maryville, TN
    Posts
    230
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: ESPixelStick v3.0 Released

    Quote Originally Posted by sporadic View Post
    Some things came up and I haven't been able to refresh my Amazon inventory lately I'll send you a PM.


    Sounds like the issue is between the ESPixelStick and RS485 board. Or from the RS485 board to your DMX device. Are you sure the differential pair isn't backwards? As for firmware versions, I recommend staying on 3.0 as the Travis builds aren't tested. Any issues with 3.0 are more than likely due to your wireless network setup or wifi environment.
    -shelby
    If the RS485 wires are reversed then the Lights would not go out, Did try that.

    Also if the RS485 board was not getting and sending out the signal then the lights would not go off.

    I can get to the Espixelstick OK and make changes.

    Will go back to 3.0.
    Last edited by Dennis Cherry; 12-06-2018 at 03:10 PM.
    Inventor of the "LED Keeper"

    My Videos [URL="http://www.vimeo.com/Dennischerry"]www.vimeo.com/Dennischerry[/URL]

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    2,016
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: ESPixelStick v3.0 Released

    Wondering what the Travis builds offer/do. I saw them on Github, but had no idea what was different.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Chicago - Southwest Suburbs
    Posts
    7,472
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: ESPixelStick v3.0 Released

    The travis builds are the dev builds. Anytime a change is made to the source code tree, it kicks off an automatic build using the travis build engine. These have the latest and greatest changes, but they also have the latest and greatest bugs. They're completely untested.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •