Thread: Ran out of time, Snowman drummer is all he is going to be this year..

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ran out of time, Snowman drummer is all he is going to be this year..

Well, here is all I have time for this year.. I have to start programming. I need to do some weatherproofing of the drive system but other than that, this is what he is going to be for this year. https://youtu.be/0VfadyIEalI

2. Likes caretaker liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Ran out of time, Snowman drummer is all he is going to be this year..

Looks GREAT!!!!!
    Kevin

2017 - Pi3 w/FPP controlling 8 ESPixelsticks driving 1250pixels and 3 Arduino MEGAS communicating with ESP-01s driving 96 channels
    2016 - 184 channels of Blinking/Flashing using 4 Arduino MEGAs and cheap home-made props.

4. Thanks plasmadrive thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Ran out of time, Snowman drummer is all he is going to be this year..

That's awesome!
    2017: bit.ly/2zUzCC9

6. Thanks plasmadrive thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

8. Likes caretaker liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks great how did you do the hand movement?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jachip View Post
    Looks great how did you do the hand movement?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
    Actually there really was no hand movements. I think you saw the video with the cams and the motor driving the sticks. I just put the hands near the sticks and raised the tom toms up so you couldn't see them from the road... you could only see the top half of the drum sticks moving from the viewers position. I also put a short strip of LEDs on each of the two toms and strobed them when the sticks moved.. added more to the illusion at night..