Thread: LOR 16 channel controller HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default LOR 16 channel controller HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is harder then I thought. I should of started this in July! Attached is image showing the names of my channels (1 through 8 are two- 4 channel arches). I have tried making my own, I have tried to copy paste and edit, I tried the ones from LOR lists. And I am just fumbling around not getting this. I would be willing to pay someone to do the sequences for me, I don't care at this point what songs they are (I really want the wizards in winter and gangman style but oh well). They can be copied and pasted or how ever someone can do them. I need 10 songs. From the prices I see online the sequences are cheap (on ebay)but I need the knowledge to put them into my channels, so I am willing to pay someone $100.00 for 10 sequences that will line up with my channels. Next year I will start this early and have time to learn the system.

Song Ideas (but not required)

Gangman style, wizards in winter, sexy and I know it, move it move it, Russian Christmas, Jingle Bells (any version), Christmas can can, dubstep, 12 days of Christmas, here comes santa clause, amazing grace, etc...

let me know what we can do

str8upgirl@gmail.com

Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lor.jpg
    lor.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: LOR 16 channel controller HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You didnt say what software you using but im guessing LOR since your pic says LOR. I have no clue about it.. i hope someone can help you out and i agree on starting in july.
    I am using vixen and ive done well to get 4-5 songs that should look decent for this year. all of this has been a huge learning curve.
    you might want to tell what you want the arches to be doing.. you want them to chase or just change colors or what .
    i have 4 mini trees and i finally yesterday figured out how to make them look like there chasing each other. and found needs to be short blocks and have them stop and start right after each other . looking at your pic looks like that is what they should do.

good luck

Post Thanks / Like

What you're looking at is a grid, and it's much like a spreadsheet. The difference is that time goes horizontally, and it looks like you have perhaps 2 seconds of time in your screen capture and since you have ten marks in each second, it looks like you're using 100ms timing (1/10 of a second per mark).

As time goes across, when a cell is colored-in, it will turn on that channel (and whatever lights are plugged into it) and it will stay on for as long as the cells are colored in. If you color in 10 consecutive cells, that channel would stay "on" for one second. When the cell is not colored in, it turns that channel off.

Since you have 16 channels, that means that a single song that's 2:30 in length (150 seconds) will result in a screen that has 150 x 10 x 16 cells, which is 24,000 cells. That's the number of cells you can color in or leave blank for one song. If you want ten songs, that's nearly a quarter-million cells to consider if each song is 2:30 in length (some may be shorter, Wizards in Winter is longer...)

While it is not hard to color in the cells, yes, it does take time. My show is 59:48 seconds in length (24 songs). I sequence at 50ms intervals (20 per second) and have 782 channels. Factor that out and it totals 56,116,320 cells in my show. And I'm nowhere near the channel count of some members, which number in the tens of thousands of channels. By the way, I started working on my show last January.

Most DIYers are likely too busy to set their own productions aside to attend to your need, and while the $100 offer is a nice gesture, consider the amount of time involved here.... as you've already discovered, sequencing is a time-consuming activity.

It's November 19th. You still have some time to get a few songs done -- perhaps not the ten you want, but a few. You best get going on it.

http://digwdf.com/store/
    The DIGWDF Store is closed for all sales. Thanks to everyone who supported us through the years!
    User guides, documentation and other files are still free and available for downloading.

Post Thanks / Like

Go to Lanolights.com they have several LOR sequences you can download and adapt for you setup.
    Matt