Thread: LOR1602w cable

Post Thanks / Like

Default LOR1602w cable

A coworker has given me a LOR1602W unit. Just the unit. I ordered this USB 485 adapter.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/USB-...311.0.0.j8pK5O

But no matter what cable I hook up, I can not get the unit to acknowledge I have something connected. I have tried cross over and straight cables, short and long.

Is there something I am missing? I even download the LOR software and it can't see the unit either.

I am not opposed to making a custom cable or breakout board or something. I just don't know if there is something specific I need to do.

Thanks for any help!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: LOR1602w cable

LOR does not use the DMX pinout. I forget what pins need to be crossed but they have to and it only works in one direction.
    Next you need the LOR dongle to set the ID for the box to the 1st address in the LOR universe otherwise you have 496 channels to find the start of the box, assuming it is in that range.
    The LOR software only works with the LOR dongle.

Spent about a week throwing signals at my LOR box before I learned I needed to set the address, which I had to just buy the usb dongle from LOR. Set it to the 1st one and it has worked perfect since, running off the DMX out of a falcon picap
    Columbus GA, USA

Post Thanks / Like

pins 4 and 5

I eventually found a reference and got it working using the open dmx out of FPP. Now I have a problem of trying to get my setup to look good with so few channels (Im new to this obviously

Post Thanks / Like

If it makes you feel better I have 11 channels in use from a LOR box and 330 pixels. First year and fighting every step. Already planning next year.
    Columbus GA, USA

Post Thanks / Like

im jealous of your 330 pixels

Post Thanks / Like

They make nice colors but everything else is a PITA 10/10 worth it lol
    Columbus GA, USA

Post Thanks / Like

I believe it

Pixels are super cool. I use them for my ambient light system behind my tv and my 3dprinter enclosure.