Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Channel String Max Question(s)/Discovery...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Channel String Max Question(s)/Discovery...

I did not have the same issue you are having and I only had about 200 led's max on any output. I simply put the resistor across the hot and neutral on the controller along with the pigtail wire. It may get hot with 6 or 7 hundred led string not sure as I have never tried it with that many LED's. I just thought it might be worth a try so as not to have to build something to add to the end.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    Rayhjr I Love This Stuff!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Channel String Max Question(s)/Discovery...

Since the resistor is in parallel with the load, The greater the load, the lower the heat dissipated by the resistor. Ok, the difference may be less than 0.5% but in a pure math sense... In other words as the load goes up, the heat from the resistor does not also go up.

2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyX...ttrsZNARkUce0Q

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456