Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: House Outline

Post Thanks / Like

Default House Outline

I'm looking to do an outline of my house and had a few questions:

1. Which pixel type would you recommend?
    2. How much spacing between pixels is common?
    3. In the past i've used pvc to hold the lights, any other ideas?
    4. Is Ray Wu still viable for pixels or would you recommend someone/some where else?

I run a Falcon v2 controller and use xlights software for a pixel matrix currently, if relevant.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: House Outline

It comes down to personal preferences. I like the looks of the pixelbulbs (DIYLED EXPRESS) with 6" spacing using strips from BOSCOYO mounted on 1/2" EMT.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah i figured that. Just didn't know what others were doing. I used ws2811 for my matrix and really like them, but wasn't sure if those would be viable for an outline or if something else would be better.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in a similar situation. I've decided to use PixaBulbs everywhere on my house (and pixels elsewhere in the yard). It's just a question of whether I go with 4" or 6" spacing on the house. My planning spreadsheet shows a difference of ~$400. I could go 6" now and upgrade next year to 4" but the thoughts of moving all those pixels on the plastic strip and splicing more in... Ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

what are you using for mounting?

Post Thanks / Like

The plan is to use 1/2" EMT with PixaTrim from Boscoyo.

Post Thanks / Like

I used the chromastrips with ws2811 pixels at 3 inches, which is closer than I wanted, but my fault I ordered the wrong stuff. However, I got 12v 4" spacing, 18awg from scottled at 9 bucks a 50 count strand. Actually 3,000 for 595 shipped, arrived within a week. Facebook yvette yu, cheaper, bigger operation than ray or paul.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by akareaper View Post
    I used the chromastrips with ws2811 pixels at 3 inches, which is closer than I wanted, but my fault I ordered the wrong stuff. However, I got 12v 4" spacing, 18awg from scottled at 9 bucks a 50 count strand. Actually 3,000 for 595 shipped, arrived within a week. Facebook yvette yu, cheaper, bigger operation than ray or paul.
    How's the quality from Scott LED? I understand Ray is kinda the de facto go to person, but I never really understood why or how he got that reputation.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gassy View Post
    It comes down to personal preferences. I like the looks of the pixelbulbs (DIYLED EXPRESS) with 6" spacing using strips from BOSCOYO mounted on 1/2" EMT.
    That is what I am switching to this year but planning on using schedule 80 pvc instead of the emt

Post Thanks / Like

I use C9 bulbs from Ray with 4" spacing for my house outline. I like the more traditional look for the house and use bullet style for my trees/poles etc.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast