Thread: Using code with Siemens PLC

Post Thanks / Like

Default Using code with Siemens PLC

Can anyone provide information on how I can use the sequence I get from Vixen 3 and convert it into something my PLC and use. I.E. SCL

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Using code with Siemens PLC

I don't think the scan rate will be fast enough to drive pixel data unless your going to use a serial port. To control props..motors, fans, etc...that might work. Just not really a good application for ladder logic.

Post Thanks / Like

I am pretty sure you would need to write something yourself. You can export to an FSEQ file which is a time bounded representation of your sequence. Then write a converter from fseq to whatever you will need. As mentioned, pixels, dimming and controlling renards are all time critical actions that are based on time events (no other triggers are available and no cascading actions will work in this situation).

2017 adding 2 more candy canes, 7 Mid trees and a Halloween show. Removing most 2812 strips and replacing them with bullet pixel mounting strips. Replacing many buck converter waterproof bags with printed boxes.

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely not a good job for a PLC. Even if you could convert the code what IO would you use? The controllers, like falcon and sandevices are much better at this stuff.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk