Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 14-2 AWG landscaping wire question ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 14-2 AWG landscaping wire question ?

I used 14-2 landscaping wire for my power lines and it worked great!
    2017: bit.ly/2zUzCC9

2. Likes BobBee liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For those already using landscaping wire, what kinds of connectors do you use for making your Tees? I need to branch off the main run (24V) to bring power to individual props each fed with their own buck converters.

Post Thanks / Like

I would also like to know the answer to this question.
    Quote Originally Posted by -bernard- View Post
    For those already using landscaping wire, what kinds of connectors do you use for making your Tees? I need to branch off the main run (24V) to bring power to individual props each fed with their own buck converters.

Post Thanks / Like

I have given up on connectors for power distribution. I use a combination of TO220 boxes with barrier strips and custom printed boxes with water channels and lids. I was replacing too many connectors.

2017 adding 2 more candy canes, 7 Mid trees and a Halloween show. Removing most 2812 strips and replacing them with bullet pixel mounting strips. Replacing many buck converter waterproof bags with printed boxes.

Post Thanks / Like

?? TO220 boxes ??
    Can you post some pictures?
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinMueller2003 View Post
    I have given up on connectors for power distribution. I use a combination of TO220 boxes with barrier strips and custom printed boxes with water channels and lids. I was replacing too many connectors.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -bernard- View Post
    Just go to the section at the hardware store where you buy the landscape wire, and there are all sorts of connectors available (landscape lights are pretty common, so just use what they've already made for that purpose).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukewarrior View Post
    ?? TO220 boxes ??
    TO220 Voltage Regulators & Barrier Terminal Blocks(strip)s are just a way to provide cable/voltage management.

https://www.mouser.com/Connectors/Te...ocks/_/N-7rqbf

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bwinter View Post
    Just go to the section at the hardware store where you buy the landscape wire, and there are all sorts of connectors available (landscape lights are pretty common, so just use what they've already made for that purpose).
    Done that yesterday at the local HD. With the exception of a large $6 splice connector there is nothing in landscaping. Is this what you use? https://www.homedepot.com/p/Hampton-...8351/206266044

Post Thanks / Like

I would look in the electrical department. That is where I bought my bulk wire.

2017 adding 2 more candy canes, 7 Mid trees and a Halloween show. Removing most 2812 strips and replacing them with bullet pixel mounting strips. Replacing many buck converter waterproof bags with printed boxes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukewarrior View Post
    ?? TO220 boxes ??
    Here are some pictures. The white box is a custom printed box that is just big enough for the barrier strip plus a few jst connectors. It has a slot at one end that allows water out and a set of small ears that help hold the box in place when velcro'd to my elements. It has replaced most of my freezer bags and pill bottles. The red and black strips are barrier block jumper strips. I buy the 12 position variety and cut them up as needed. The barrier blocks are 6 position blocks that can handle 15A per block. For power distribution it is usually configured as two sets of three positions.

Since everything is using screw terminals, I no longer worry about contacts in connectors. I also put a dab of "corrosion X" gun oil on the blocks and they never seem to tarnish.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast