Thread: 50 of 200 string dont light up

Post Thanks / Like

Default 50 of 200 string dont light up

I have a 200 count string of led's, the last 50 are not working. I have no repair experience with led but lots with incan. So do same principles apply that there is a bad led in that last 50 and I need an led keeper to find it or is there possibly another issue. If somebody can give answers or direct me to a page that has them I would appreciate it.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 50 of 200 string dont light up

When I was running a show I found the LED Keeper a tool everyone should own. Sure saved me a lot of time trying to find the problem. Worth the money.

3. Likes scootchu liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So since there is that block in the line that I do not know what that is, diode, capacitor, resistor or whatever, could that maybe be the issue or is it more than likely an led?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eagllvr View Post
    So since there is that block in the line that I do not know what that is, diode, capacitor, resistor or whatever, could that maybe be the issue or is it more than likely an led?
    More likely an LED or LED connection issue like corrosion on the socket.
    Ed
    Happily retired

6. Likes Ruppro liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have had both issues, corrosion in the light bulb socket and I have also lost the "blob". Corrosion has been by far the more common issue. Also the repair of the problem will be different if your lights are sealed or unsealed. The keeper comes with components you can use on a sealed set, on a set with removable bulbs you simply replace the bulb if you have a replacement. As LED bubs may be difficult to find it might be worth buying a "donor" string when you buy a set of lights.

Post Thanks / Like

KEEP HI AND DRY

Post Thanks / Like

Do not use the Light Keeper Pro to help repair your LED light strings, use only the LED Keeper.

The video is wrong in using the Light Keeper Pro to repair LED Lights.

I am the inventor of the LED Keeper and the company that makes the Light Keeper Pro bought my invention to repair LED Lights safely.
    Inventor of the "LED Keeper"

My Videos [URL="http://www.vimeo.com/Dennischerry"]www.vimeo.com/Dennischerry[/URL]

10. Likes NDNS00ner liked this post