Thread: Lipsyncing in xLights

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lipsyncing in xLights

This will be the first year I've actually sequenced the lights to music. I've been using Vixen the past 2 years but decided to try and switch to xlights this year.

I'm tryijng o add a singing tree to my display this year. (holidaycoro tree). I seem to be missing something with doing lip syncing in xLights though.

I've gone through a song and added timing marks, and per all the videos I've seen, I should be able to enter text between timing marks by double clicking between marks. Though when I double click, it just plays the audio between the timing marks.

How do I enter the lyrics? to break them down? I've tried every key on the keyboard. Kind of stumped here and feeling stupid.

Kelly

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Lipsyncing in xLights

xLights.org is a great place to start. Look at the video tab and find one for lyrics tracks. Here is one that helped me recently. http://videos.xlights.org/generate-l...225fd0db4.html
    Good Luck!
    That's a feature not a bug.
    There's no charge for that.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting video for a sequence that's already defined for a face to transfer it to other objects. But not really what I was looking for.

What I'm looking for is where to enter the phrase to break down into words.

For example, I have timing marks in for the phrase "I want a hippopotamus for Christmas"
    I can highlight the timing line between the marks(It turns purple). I can right click and have a menu entry "break down phrase"
    What I can't figure out how to do, is enter the phrase to break down.

Post Thanks / Like

Nevermind, I found it, for those looking in the future, check "Settings -> Timing DClick Mode" set it to edit text instead of Play Timing.

Post Thanks / Like

The alternative to changing the default is to shift-double click.
    "Never Give Up. Never Surrender!"
    Capt Tagert - Galaxy Quest.
    Al Gerdes - Christmas Lighting Nut!

Post Thanks / Like

That's exactly what I was looking for. Now I can setup a macro in my keyboard. "Shift Double-Click, Paste, Enter" (Go Go Gadget, Speed Paste)

Post Thanks / Like

It easiest to start with a blank timing track, right-click the timing track and select Import Lyrics, then paste in the lyric text from where you find it on the net. Then you have all the phrases and just need to shift them around and them right-click the track and select Breakdown Phrases. Adjust all the word positions and then right-click the row heading and select Breakdown Words. Now you can use the track in the Faces effect. Most people aligning singing tracks prefer the double-click to play the phrase so they can quickly fine tune positioning.
    Thanks,
    Gil Jones
    xLights Developer
    CopperCreekLights on Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the hints, I'll try that on the next one.

I ended up:
    1. Playing the song hitting "T" to put in timing marks for each lyric of the song
    2. Pasted the lyric and Aligned them.
    3. Broke those down to words
    4. Realigned the words
    5. broke down the words, and did a final alignment of the phenoms.

Somewhat tedious, but worked and allowed me to focus on smaller sections instead of all at once.

With the Corsair Macro Gaming Keyboard, I was able to define single key buttons for:
    • Copy - Ctrl C
    • Paste Lyric - Shift Double-Click, Paste, Enter
    • Playback section - Double-Click(Maybe overkill double click isn't that hard but Meh, Already defining macros for things, might as well do it).

These allowed me to do alot without having to move my left hand all around the keyboard. Really speeding up the process.

I'm really liking xLights so far. Still have a lot to learn, but it's getting there.

Post Thanks / Like

I generally don't do any phoneme alignment I take whatever breaks down. So I just spend all the time aligning the words and then breakdown all words at once. Yes it's tedious but until someone can show me an algorithm to find exact syllable locations in the audio its gotta be this way.
    Thanks,
    Gil Jones
    xLights Developer
    CopperCreekLights on Facebook