Thread: Arch controller

Post Thanks / Like

Default Arch controller

I can't find where to buy the espixelstick anywhere. Would a DMX-spi decoder work with arches? I'm new to pixels. Figured arches would be better to start with. I would prob do 4 arches with pixel strip inside pipe.
    Any suggestions on controller that's not super expensive?
    Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Arch controller

You can get them at Amazon https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...l_4lq7huri5m_e

Or at the DIGWDF store

Or at the renard plus store: http://www.renard-plus.com/rpespwifipixel.html

2017 adding 2 more candy canes, 7 Mid trees and a Halloween show. Removing most 2812 strips and replacing them with bullet pixel mounting strips. Replacing many buck converter waterproof bags with printed boxes.

Post Thanks / Like

I shipped more ESPixelSticks off to Amazon this morning, they should be available later this week - http://amzn.to/2y9LnQJ.
    thanks,
    -shelby

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Shelby!
    I will order some when they become available!
    Have a few questions about the stick..
    Do I need to have the vixen software on my laptop to run all the time for the stick to run the pixels?
    I plan on doing 4 arches. How would I run a second stick to run the second half of the arches? I would prob have 2 sets of pixel strips running the arches so how would that work to make all arches to do leaping and other effects?

Post Thanks / Like

You need something that plays the show/ Whatever that is, will drive the pixel sticks. I hate to dedicate a full sized computer (or even a laptop) to running my show. I suggest using the Raspberry PI + FPP (Falcon PI Player) software to drive your show. It is a full featured player with scheduling etc. and can drive in excess of 50,000 channels of lighting (pixels, dumb RGB, AC lights, mechanicals and the list goes on).

2017 adding 2 more candy canes, 7 Mid trees and a Halloween show. Removing most 2812 strips and replacing them with bullet pixel mounting strips. Replacing many buck converter waterproof bags with printed boxes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spader25 View Post
    Thanks Shelby!
    I will order some when they become available!
    Have a few questions about the stick..
    Do I need to have the vixen software on my laptop to run all the time for the stick to run the pixels?
    I plan on doing 4 arches. How would I run a second stick to run the second half of the arches? I would prob have 2 sets of pixel strips running the arches so how would that work to make all arches to do leaping and other effects?
    As Martin stated, you'll need a show controller. Either your Vixen instance or a Raspberry Pi running FPP which is what I prefer. You would export your sequence form Vixen, upload to FPP and have it control your show. As for wiring, each ESPixelStick supports 680 pixels at a 25ms refresh rate so it really depends on your arch construction.
    -shelby

Post Thanks / Like

^^ +2 FPP FTW!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for all the help!! I'm getting the amazon cart full of the parts I need. $$$ adding up fast haha Not sure if I should take the chance with 12v pixel string from amazon since I have prime or if I should go to holidaycoro to get them ��
    Im sure I'll have more question when I start to get into the programming but from what I have been reading it looks somewhat simple

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MartinMueller2003 View Post
    You can get them at Amazon https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...l_4lq7huri5m_e

Or at the DIGWDF store

Or at the renard plus store: http://www.renard-plus.com/rpespwifipixel.html
    I have 4 Espixel sticks and 2 Renard Plus ESPWiFI Pixel Controller, i would for sure go with the Espixelstick before the Renard. Just personal preference, but i really prefer the layout of the Espixelstick
    Flash Flash Blink Blink,,Oh What A Relief It Is