Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Strip leds or pixel strings?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Strip leds or pixel strings?

Quote Originally Posted by angus40 View Post
    You can simulate 30/m perfectly with your 60/m strip if you want to see what it would look like .

Create a sequence that excludes every other pixel , then sequence the remaining pixels as if each group of 3 pixels sequentially make 1 pixel .
    This can help you determine if you would like the look first hand and proceed with investing or not .
    Cheers
    It would be great to see video's of both!

Post Thanks / Like

Which ever one you decide on, have fun!

Post Thanks / Like

I definitely will. I'm deployed right now, but getting ready to get things going upon my return. I have to come back here in Oct, so I hope to get all of my lights installed before I leave, that way I can create sequences while I'm here. I have my computer set to download my Vixen profile every day from my NAS, so I can upload anything new to my NAS and it will be running in the next show.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angus40 View Post
    You can simulate 30/m perfectly with your 60/m strip if you want to see what it would look like .

Create a sequence that excludes every other pixel , then sequence the remaining pixels as if each group of 3 pixels sequentially make 1 pixel .
    This can help you determine if you would like the look first hand and proceed with investing or not .
    Cheers
    This was a great idea. However I'm sitting in front of them now, and the lights are in groups of 3. There's no way to do every other individual one. (that I know of)

I knew that buying them so it's not a surprise. I tried to take a video just now but there's something that's 'lost in translation'. The lights look awesome in person, but kinda so-so on my phone's video (galaxy S7). I'm pretty excited about adding these pex arches this year. The diffused look is sweet.
    2012 - 12 Channels and an Arduino

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rmcgee5 View Post
    This was a great idea. However I'm sitting in front of them now, and the lights are in groups of 3. There's no way to do every other individual one. (that I know of)

I knew that buying them so it's not a surprise. I tried to take a video just now but there's something that's 'lost in translation'. The lights look awesome in person, but kinda so-so on my phone's video (galaxy S7). I'm pretty excited about adding these pex arches this year. The diffused look is sweet.
    Actually my wrong assumption that you had individually addressable pixels , has been simplified . The fact that you have 20 pixels per/m
    is even easier to simulate 10 pixels /m in your instance.
    You simply sequence every other pixel only
    I have not seen 20 pixel per/m strip , would be great to see your video !

Post Thanks / Like

If you have 3:1 strips then you have three tri-color LEDs per pixel. At 10 pixels (thirty tri-color LEDs) per meter, a typical strip will have 50 pixels. There are some strips that have 20 pixels (60 tri-color LEDs) per meter, but they are seen much less often.

2018 - Moving and going to visit my Daughter in New Zealand. Most likely I will be dark or nearly dark, Some static stuff that is simple to put up.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123